Coolant Reservoir Install Help

perk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am trying to build a bracket to install the coolant reservoir from a powerstroke on the drivers side of my pickup, but I don't know how much higher than the radiator it needs to be. Can anyone measure the difference in hieght for me?

Thanks in advance

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What year stroke did it come out of? They're usually bolted to the inner fender next to the battery or air cleaner.

perk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1996/1997. I think that some of the 1995's had the pressurized reservoir instead of just an overflow bottle and no filler neck on the radiator.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It just bolts to the top of the inner fender next to the battery.if its going in something else keep it level with the top of the radiator

perk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am working on building a barcket so that it is mounted on the drivers side. My air filter occupy's the the area where Ford put it. My truck is a '94 so it never had one. In my mom's '98 F150 it is mounted a 2 inches above the radiator. I want to see if it is the same for the Powerstroke. I think that I have about 1.5" of clearance under the hood where I am trying to mount it.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Powerstrokes don't have an overflow tank, they have what is called a Degass bottle mounted at the radiator, they are marked with a HI -- LO fill mark, HI mark is level with the top of the radiator. The cap on them does not have a vent hose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online