Coffee can throwaway

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
Yea, his vacuum pump was shot and he had a spare compressor layin around. It actually draws it down pretty quick...

Whats so bad about electric vacuum pumps?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I would just think they cant pull the vacuum nearly as fast as a regular one, so braking could be effected?

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
well for the time being i still have both but the electric is much faster ..

i currently have a bad booster so it leaks bad when u hold it the mechanical cant keep up and takes about a minuite to build 20 hg vac so that i could pump the brakes a second time but the electric will pull 20 in 4 seconds and will pull 30 in about 30 seconds for now i just have it on a toggle and only use it when im sitting in stop and go traffic i need to get a vac switch which is about 35 bucks then it will be automated and i can ditch the mechanical all together

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
well for the time being i still have both but the electric is much faster ..

i currently have a bad booster so it leaks bad when u hold it the mechanical cant keep up and takes about a minuite to build 20 hg vac so that i could pump the brakes a second time but the electric will pull 20 in 4 seconds and will pull 30 in about 30 seconds for now i just have it on a toggle and only use it when im sitting in stop and go traffic i need to get a vac switch which is about 35 bucks then it will be automated and i can ditch the mechanical all together

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I know on my Ex... the electric vacuum pump will pull down and shut off in about 30 seconds on a cold start..... but, it only runs the hubs and the HVAC Doors.....

FordGuy100

Reaction score
And just the smallest leak will cause significant vaccum problems on those SD's. I dont think he has a SD vacuum pump though by the sounds of it

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
Wow thats pretty darned good it can draw the vacuum down that fast.

ya what it is, is a thomas air compressor that used to be on a airbag helper kit and i switched the input and out on it so that its drawing air out of my 1 gallon air tank then the rest of the vac system of course .... once i have the switch to control it, it should be fool proof because these compressors can run for about 30 mins before thermal shutdown...
i doubt ill ever be holding the brakes for 30 mins lol thats what the ebrake is for

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online