Clogged Orifice tube

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A new compressor should come with oil in it and say how much it had added in it. I used a syringe and i added it a few locations throughout the system, some in evaporator, some in various lines. some in condenser.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I've heard it varies.
Some have oil in it, some come with a bottle, some none, etc.
But he's not replacing the compressor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Well I pulled the Compressor to see if I could get some oil to flow with spinning it, but nothing.

So I put 7oz aka (the whole 8oz bottle, but spilled a bit lol ) of oil in the system in the hoses and evap and accum, so hopefully it should be enough.

I am going to have my buddy add the coolant this weekend, going to put it in by weight the right way. Here's to hoping it blows cold.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've done 6 compressors in the past 3 weeks haha. The lower end (4 seasons etc) did not come with oil but were clearly labelled. The denso and Delphi ones came with oil.
The warranties are voided if you don't replace other crap, but that's all on the cards

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Mine is a Ford Motorcraft replacement equivalent. Looks like it's been replaced, but it still has the FMC part number on it, no other label

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
I will keep the post updated once I charge the system, I currently have a new problem. Hard shifts through all the gears, but no Blinking OD Light.... Scary thing is, a year to the date this happened last year, and all of a sudden fixed itself. Strange truck I tell ya

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Well good news!!!

Got it sucked down, and filled up today. Drove her 100 miles today with ICE COLD AC, man was it nice. I towed back my jeep from an Event in Vermont, it was nice to just have the windows up, AC on Low and the radio on just cruising. Nice and quiet, no pollen flying in or road noise in my ears.

Also good news, truck shifts fine again, I dont know what fixed it, but set the TPS from 1.08 to 1.2 Volts, Still shifted hard for bit on the way to VT, After sitting for a day or two, nice smooth shifts all the way home.

I am glad I spent the extra time flushing the Cores, and replacing all the O rings and hoses. Thanks for the peer pressure to do it right :)

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These AC system work very well. Even if converted from r12 to r134a they still kick ****. This was one of the reasons I bought my truck.i knew how well they work

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
These AC system work very well. Even if converted from r12 to r134a they still kick ****. This was one of the reasons I bought my truck.i knew how well they work

Ya, was it you that recommended the Orange tube a ways back in another thread. I remember hearing about these orange tubes, but cant find the post that we discussed them in?

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it was me. If retrofitting to r134a the orange tube works better as it's slightly smaller than the stock blue or red tube

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Yes it was me. If retrofitting to r134a the orange tube works better as it's slightly smaller than the stock blue or red tube

Hmmm I mine was already 134a, wonder if I should have used the red, but its too late now anyways lol

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Wowzers... How are you going to clean the rest of the system now??:dunno That looks a lot like the insides of your rubber hoses ... But no telling what the cans of store bought stop leak looks like either. You can install a line filter to catch what else is still rapped in the system. Desiccant is not in bags. It is free in the dryer ...
Gary I don't mean to call your bluff, but I thought it was in bags also.
This looks like a GM one, but should be the same for most vehicles.
https://youtu.be/eOzA2FeJ_Fk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Well, it leaked out :(

My guess is a pin hole leak in the condenser, 20+ years on the road getting hit with bugs and rocks has to take a toll.

Not sure what my plan of attack is here.

I think Im going to fill it with some cans of 134a i have kicking around, 2 of which have UV dye in them. Then check my system for the leak.

Question will that UV dye wash away afterwards?

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check your pressure switch? I got a new pressure switch and found it was leaking there. I had to double up the orings and that fixed it