CDR hose- factory turbo style NEED ASAP

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys-

You may recall last week that my truck was giving me fits starting, and I traced it to a faulty connection on the glow plug controller.

In the process, I tore the hose connector on the CDR valve that goes between the CDR Valve and the tube that leads to the airbox. (#23 in the attached .pdf from ATS)

EDIT: the .pdf didn't load. Use this link and click on turbo layout. It's still #23. http://www.atsdiesel.com/ats2/productdetail/2020363056/093_WG

I called ATS last Monday and ordered 2 new ones, but they shipped the incorrect parts. Does anyone know if that part is available over the counter anywhere? Is it an off the shelf part from another application? Anyone have a part number?

Thanks,

Ryan

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David-

Thanks for the input, but I actually need the other side of the CDR hose to the airbox. It's a little different on the newer wastegated turbos.

I ended up modifying a copper pipe fitting from Lowes as a temporary solution. It actually turned out so well that it might be better than the ATS equipment.

I'm curious- Do the FACTORY TURBO truck's CDR valves have a nipple for a hose to connect on both sides of the CDR, or just at the bottom like the N/A trucks? Can we adapt a GM 6.5TD CDR to work since they have fittings on both sides?

Ryan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online