088 ATS turbo CDR hose

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The original is not available so I had to make something up that was very ugly untill I could properly fix it. Today I was able to finally find a suitable replacement, so I thought I'd share what I did in case anyone else had the same problem with the failed CDR hose on their 088/085 ATS turbo system.

Now how do I post images from my gallery??
Every forum seems to be different.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most people use a web hosting site like webshots and then link to it. I think there may be another way but I can't say for sure.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
If your pic is small enough , look below the message box where you type for " attach files" and click "Manage attachments" and a menue window will open allowing you to browse your computer for the pic, upload it and go from there

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, RLDSL.

OK, you can see the old CDR hose that I had to improvise together after the ATS rubber hose developed a crack. Had it like that for a while until I could find something better. You can see the mess it was making of my engine, and it was also contributing to a small oil drip under the truck:puke:

When I was at Lordco yesterday, I explained what I needed and he simply let me in the back to hunt and peck through the stock of heater and rad hoses. Was thinking of getting a flex hose, but the were none in stock. I ended up finding this little gem in there that turned out to be a perfect fit. I went outside to check on the truck and came back in to pay for it.

Some trimming was needed on the ends, but the bends in the hose are almost perfect for the stock position of the CRD on the 085 airbox, I'm almost positive the 088 airbox has the same position for the CDR. $15 for the hose and the Dayco P/N was 88352 in case anyone else has this problem.

I installed a through-wall hydraulic fitting in the top of the valve cover thats sealed to the valve cover with a paper gasket. Theres a SS hose clamp on both ends and it should kill off that annoying leak and last better than the ATS hose. I also have a source for a replacement now - no thanks to ATS.

Hope it helps;Sweet

Attachments

• Old CDR setup.jpg
    Old CDR setup.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Old CDR vent hose.jpg
    Old CDR vent hose.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 19
  • hose.jpg
    hose.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 21
  • New CDR hose.jpg
    New CDR hose.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 19
  • New CDR hose instralled.jpg
    New CDR hose instralled.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 31

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to revive a dead thread but someone recently asked for info on the valve cover mod I did for the vent hose. Since I'm not running the ATS 088 setup anymore, the old valve cover is no longer in the truck. I can't figure out how to send photos by PM so I'm posting them here instead. I'm not sure if ATS recommended an internal baffle like the one I tack welded in, but I thought it was a good idea at the time. The fitting itself is not pretty but it did the job for many years.

Anyway, hopefully someone finds this useful.

Attachments

• IMG_0493.jpg
    IMG_0493.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0494.jpg
    IMG_0494.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0495.jpg
    IMG_0495.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0496.jpg
    IMG_0496.jpg
    334.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0498.jpg
    IMG_0498.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 14

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's funny is I had a customer with a 088 they pulled out of a field, and one of the last things I did to get it road worthy was exactly that
Pretty sure it's the same on too
Everyone on the FB pages were losing their mind that it wasn't Oil rated but I didn't care as a previous unobtainable part now could be replaced

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can confirm it wasn't oil rated but it did the job. And it leaked less than the original vent tube that came with it (even before it ripped).