Carrier Pump Group Buy

jimraelee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ummm are these a push or pull pump??? might not be good idea if its a push pump... some pumps need to be mounted low so that gravity will suck fuel from the tank to the pump. and the pump will push it up hill...

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ummm are these a push or pull pump??? might not be good idea if its a push pump... some pumps need to be mounted low so that gravity will suck fuel from the tank to the pump. and the pump will push it up hill...

they are a pull type pump

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
They are a pull type pump. Ever see where the fuel tank is on the big semi refer trailer compared to where the refer engine is up top in the front.... Hel yeah they suck from a long ways back and much lower than the engines.

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I was to run one of these would I have any problems since my tank is up high? My truck has the factory in cab tank and the new tank I am getting ready will be up high on the bed also.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
If I was to run one of these would I have any problems since my tank is up high? My truck has the factory in cab tank and the new tank I am getting ready will be up high on the bed also.

You will want to mount it above the bed tank . I found out the hard way, these things will cavitate if below a big tank and will not take to being force fed, once a siphon starts they quit pumping, you want the thing where it has to pull.

I wanted a redundant setup for long trips anyway and wanted a separate pump for each tank , and I just have my rear tank and my bed tank so I moved the duralift I had up under teh hood down on teh fran just after the manual valve for teh rear fuel tank ( it's about level with the tank give or take) and then mounted the one for the bed tank on the headache rack just abovethe bed tank, which makes a great spot to see when it needs cleaning.
Before I did that, I tried to run it off the one pump under the hood and it didn't like to draw fuel it I filled the tank above 1/4 any more and it would begin to cavitate

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for that info. Do you have that large tank mounted into the bed or just setting on top of it? I am thinking of cutting my bed to make my 50 gallon or so sit down in it flush with my headache rack.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
thanks for that info. Do you have that large tank mounted into the bed or just setting on top of it? I am thinking of cutting my bed to make my 50 gallon or so sit down in it flush with my headache rack.

I have a bed similar to yours and I have a 150 gal side tank off a Volvo semi truck setting back there , I think it's about 30"or so diameter . THe tank just sits up on the deck

LOGANSTANFORTH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't mount these on the frame can ya? Suck's cause that is my only option on the truck I am fixing for a customer right now...Looks like it will be a Holley...

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure you could. Was planning to myself but I decided to mount it higher in the engine bay

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
im excited to finally be able to do some upgrades to this thing its been a great truck but man purging air with a mech. pump sucks big time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online