Carrier Pump Group Buy

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still plan on gettin one! Just gotta get on my puter tomorrow :)

So no problems with this and a moose on the loose?

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has tried one with a Moose pump. Mel would be the one to ask what it requires for flow to operate properly.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
still no replies back about the fuel bowl only filling up part way?
ok.you guys are making me nervous now.
can someone tell me if this is normal or not please? :)

calm down killer, some of us have been under a truck all day LOL Nothing to fear Mine always rides about an inch below the top when looking at it . The fuel enters the bowl on the outside of the screen and basically drops in, then the suction starts on the other side of teh very fine mesh screen so teh fuel basicaly climbs thescreen in a solid column internally.

These things( and no standard electric fuel pump) are built to handle WVO/WMO unless it it heated and thinned first, problem is even teh best 2 tank system ends up not getting purged properly every time and gets started cold fairly often. if you are going to be running a whole bunch of that stuff you need a pump rated for bunker C . I have located such a pump if one is needed, but they are expensive

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
These things( and no standard electric fuel pump) are built to handle WVO/WMO unless it it heated and thinned first,

Did you mean they are NOT made to handle it? I run WMO in mine and am having a problem with starting. Now, I am thinking I will be running it about 50% WMO and #2. Just sayin.

SWS

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Did you mean they are NOT made to handle it? I run WMO in mine and am having a problem with starting. Now, I am thinking I will be running it about 50% WMO and #2. Just sayin.

SWS

Therein lies the problem. You must start and shut down on pure pump diesel. if you are having trouble starting then most likely you aren't purging all the veg/wmo out of the lines before shutdown and are attempting to fire cold on it, which also means your lift pumps is moving something way thicker than it is rated for.
NONE of the electric fuel pumps you see out there , including the ones being sold by a number of veggie fuel places , are actually rated for that kind of viscosity.... However, I have located a pump suitable for bunkerC, which is a marine grade fuel oil that is thick and gooy and has to be pre heated before burning THis critter however will stand up to it The reverso 312 gear pump with bypass. I've been in contact with their Technical sales , marine engine expert and he's informed me that pump would hold up to the heavy fuels , it's available in different configurations, but a 10 psi would most likely be best, it would flow around 156 gph so lincrease in line size ( inlet and return all the way to the tankwould be advisable

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Sorry about the late reply. I know that I am supposed to purge from WMO to diesel. But it makes it kind of hard when you only have one tank. Its in a FSB. I am thinking about adding an inside fuel cell to put the diesel in so I can do this. When I throw add diesel only it fires right up. When it was warmer, it worked allright with WMO only. Its just when it gets to the 60s. My concern is blowing up the pump now.

SWS

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
haha.:D
it's just what was cheap on amazon at the time.i think i remember paying just a lil over 5 bucks last year for it though.dont recall it being 10.hard to say.
edit,
yeah i found the invoice online from '09 was $5.56 at the time for it.$9.26 now.

i remember putting the thing on,and since you cant see there down,it feels like it goes one way,but i started the truck and it leaked oil like crazy.shut the truck off quick and felt a crack on top of it.had it upside down haha.don't do that.:D

Last edited:

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is everyone mounting theirs?

Only viable space I could imagine is on the frame between the engine and radiator, the fan clears it with half a foot round about and i could jam my water sep down there with it(my truck doesnt have one :eek:)... whaddya' think? :dunno

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How should I route this you guys think?

I was thinking my e-pump and new water sep on the frame near the old lift pump. Wasn't sure if I should run the line through the rad to heat the fuel before or after :0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online