Carrier Pump Group Buy

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Im wanting to buy a facet sometime but Im still getting conflicting information about mounting. Some say its meant to pull, then some say its still ok to mount on the frame. Id rather mount it on the frame between the fsv and my goldenrod. This is my current setup with my elcheapo pump till I can get the spare funds to buy a facet.

Would where this pump is be to low and cause cavitation with a facet?
You must be registered for see images attach

Some have them down on the frame and I haven't heard of any having problems. Anyone want to chime in?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Some have them down on the frame and I haven't heard of any having problems. Anyone want to chime in?

If you NEVER mount a bed tank, you may be OK. I have one running down there ( not as a first choice, but it just worked out that way) for the rear tank it functions ok, but it's only hooked to the rear tank I have no idea if it would work ok with the factory forward tank or not since I've removed mine , my second tank is my bed tank and even being mounted under the hood next to the factory fuel filter is too low to function with a big bed tank once you put more than a few gallons in it. The bed tank has it's own pump and it's mounted up high on the headache rack

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on a wmo note i have run 75% and it messed the pump up. now the pump doesnt have enough pressure. so when im floored the fuel filter light comes on the dash comes on and the motor cuts out

Fordman75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
75% is a pretty heavy mix. I'm not going to be running anything over 50% in mine. But nothing but diesel going thru my Carrier pumps.:D I'm adding a separate system for the WMO ( with a different style pump ) .

I got two Carrier pumps. One to put on the truck and run. The other one for my spare parts box in my truck.:D

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
on a wmo note i have run 75% and it messed the pump up. now the pump doesnt have enough pressure. so when im floored the fuel filter light comes on the dash comes on and the motor cuts out

And it needs to be filtered down pretty far. Your prefilter had some fairly large bits in it. Going down to 1 micron or better should help. I think Gary - EMDriver was running it heavy like that and he had issues. 50/50 seems to be the safe level to run.

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as of right now im running kersone and diesel fuel and 3 quarts of atf and the pump will not keep up when im hammer down for more than a 1/8 mile

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as of right now im running kersone and diesel fuel and 3 quarts of atf and the pump will not keep up when im hammer down for more than a 1/8 mile

that sure doesn't sound right.
id be investigating your fuel filter(s) to see if the WMO you've run in the past didn't plug something up.

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that sure doesn't sound right.
id be investigating your fuel filter(s) to see if the WMO you've run in the past didn't plug something up.

i took the pre filter out and that helped some as for the main filter i just replaced it. btw the bowl on the the pump will not fill up more than half way up idling

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
i took the pre filter out and that helped some as for the main filter i just replaced it. btw the bowl on the the pump will not fill up more than half way up idling

When did you change the filter? before or after the wmo went threw?

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When did you change the filter? before or after the wmo went threw?

after the wmo went threw it. i had to the old one was pluged up tight. i am going run a few tanks of diesel then change the filter again and clean the filter inside of the pump then see what happens. i am positive its the pump but ill use it until it dont work at all

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle