Building a 6.9 to kill

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought a similar pump at the zone for $52... I have the bigger brother to the Dmax pump, but the also list a similar p8ump for say a 04 Dmax, for similar numbers. Mine is slightly higher psi and gph, minimal. The Dmax pump is pretty similar to the one you listed at 7 psi nominal.

hairyboxnoogle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am definately interested to say the least... keep getting shot down over at ford-truck forums for saying im gunna build a 350 horse IDI. It seems like you have alot more know how than i have so ill keep watching and listening.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
what ever happened to abull? havnt seen him on here in a while. any one here no him personally?

hairyboxnoogle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
awww. a year later and no new info. Has anyone heard from abull in a while? Im still looking at building something very similar, but like most, the $$ is kinda scarce lately. Something im curious on tho, is if anyone knows how much more the injectors can be bored beyond the moose misters, assuming larger lines were fabbed. Is it enough to gain any viable amount, or would it just "help". Im also interested to know if there has been any more info worked out on the max working limits of the DB2. Ive looked into inline pump conversion, but would like to stay with the rotary if possible. Still looking into a set of forged pistons that can be used, and set of rockers to help out the cam a bit. I have a neat idea for a tubular intake and header/manifolds. Ill keep posted if i actually get a chance to work on things more.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
look u aint got the money dont plan it wont happen any time soon
the db2 dont got much left in it anymore above stock a super moose would cost a ton to r and d or anyother super pump the way is inline or a cat pump could work but eitherway u got to use that fuel too and noone has even out used a moose or dps turbo cal so you better have something amazing in store and if you run an inline or higher pressure from the db2 you wont need larger lines
also with some fancy technology you can bore out an injector to double its flow

hairyboxnoogle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Way to be optomistic and encouraging there beast. You cant just force more fuel through the same orifice via more pressure, thats how you blow out injectors, lines, or grenade the pump, liquid does not compress. The only way you could would be to keep the injector open longer with more pressure but that could very well just waste fuel. Although, it may just increase torque and horsepower, especially low end torque, keeping the combustion event burning longer as the piston moves down on the stroke. No doubt there is a sweet spot in there. And that is exactly what im trying to figure out, if the DB2 will provide the fuel. Half say it wont, some say it has the potential, others dont know.
I am looking into the cat 3208 and 1160 pumps somewhat as i write this.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3208 pump will be an easy find youll need a custom made gear or an adaptor to adapt it tp the stock gear and sorry for not explaining in as much detail but a higer pressure will stay open longer is what i meant
also db2s can put out some mad fuel with the right mods ask the 6.5 pulling or boat guys

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hairy, go see .... umm, can't think of his name, but the bloke that runs alternative fuel injection off Garrity. He doesnt do EFI diesels, only MEchanical... he should be able to answer your questions about the limits.

Head up Garrity, when you get to the Jungle, start looking for 39th.. take a left on 39th. and drive to the strip mall/office complex, right across from PCS. he is in the second building back. In the phone book, and Hell, right here as well:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hairy, go see .... umm, can't think of his name, but the bloke that runs alternative fuel injection off Garrity. He doesnt do EFI diesels, only MEchanical... he should be able to answer your questions about the limits.

Head up Garrity, when you get to the Jungle, start looking for 39th.. take a left on 39th. and drive to the strip mall/office complex, right across from PCS. he is in the second building back. In the phone book, and Hell, right here as well:

any chance can you ask him if he used to have a shop in Redwood City, CA?
if so, he's the guy who built me my short lived DB2/DB4 hybrid years ago.
He moved up to Idaho and I lost contact with him.

hairyboxnoogle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill do some checkin on that, good to see another local Idahoan on the site. The place i was referring to in the earlier post was woods rebabbiting. They built the 7.3 in our 92 in around 98. Lost a exhaust valve spring at a 192k. Did alot of special "tricks" they claim from what my dad remembers, i wasnt old enough at the time to know what to pay attention to. I just remember getting the bottom end back and helping put it all back together.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next time your by 7th and 7th on the south side, let a puff smack out...!

Towcat, will ask...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah whatever happened to this thing? I've got our 205cc Super Moose proved out now, but not many takers on trying to run that much fuel.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7