Building a 6.9 to kill

Indirect78 150

Reaction score
surely someone will run this pump! would it be a streetable setup or are we getting close to the weekend warrior type scenario for longevity reasons with this pump? dont mean any offence... i guess what im asking is COULD it be a DD pump if someone were to run it?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
surely someone will run this pump! would it be a streetable setup or are we getting close to the weekend warrior type scenario for longevity reasons with this pump? dont mean any offence... i guess what im asking is COULD it be a DD pump if someone were to run it?

sure, most likely kind of like driving an alky dragster to pick up milk for the kids..lol
i wouldnt call you crazy, rather i think thats perfectly sane, and awesome i might add.
if i was rich, and had nothing to do, id have this super moose in a hotrod with a 1000 hp/ 2k tq.
highly unlikely on both of those factors.lol
ill settle for my bull, took me a year to save up for this upgrade lol

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Actually with diesels, Max fueling and daily driver capabilities have nothing to do with each other.
Just because it puts out 205cc of fuel, doesn't mean you'll use all of that every time you move the pedal down.
It's all controlled with your right foot.
Now the part that will make a difference is the turbo. You need one (or compounds) setup to be able to work down low, plus up high for all the extra fuel.
Can't exactly compare gasser knowledge to diesel.
In most cases, more power you add to a diesel, you can get a better mileage from it. (If you drive conservatively)
Same can't be said for a gasser.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

Indirect78 150

Reaction score
right, my work stock puller still gets 19.2 as long i stay out of the pedal and only rev it to around the max torque rpm and keep the boost low. I just didnt know if things in the pump may have been changed/machined to the point that it may not have been a good idea to DD them. Is there any more room for growth with these pumps then? or does that require more r&d?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
More R&D.
So far it seems the more fuel you put through it, the higher the chance of snapping the pump shaft.
Beyond that, Mel or someone would have to chime in.

Indirect78 150

Reaction score
I see. I hope they do. That being the case then you would looking at the problem of "ok, pump shaft broke. do we call that the limit? or do we cut a billet type shaft driving up the price and seeing what breaks next."

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I think that's kinda how it's been going.
But like I said, I'm not exactly sure. The pump builder would have to step in and say for sure.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually with diesels, Max fueling and daily driver capabilities have nothing to do with each other.
Just because it puts out 205cc of fuel, doesn't mean you'll use all of that every time you move the pedal down.
It's all controlled with your right foot.
Now the part that will make a difference is the turbo. You need one (or compounds) setup to be able to work down low, plus up high for all the extra fuel.
Can't exactly compare gasser knowledge to diesel.
In most cases, more power you add to a diesel, you can get a better mileage from it. (If you drive conservatively)
Same can't be said for a gasser.

i was just talkin practicality...
cant compare alky to gas either! lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7