Building a 6.9 to kill

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've adjusted timing on my 6.9 with it running before, never had an issue... Not sure if the book says you're supposed to or not, but, it probably also says the pump will move if you only tighten the top nut down and not all three.... lol

George D.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can i advance the DB2 with motor running or is it an adjust, tighten, test kinda deal?

Tighten and test if you don't have a pyro pleas stop messing with the fule screw and timing befor you melt the motor. When you get back here I'll time it real nice for you.

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
I've adjusted timing on my 6.9 with it running before, never had an issue... Not sure if the book says you're supposed to or not, but, it probably also says the pump will move if you only tighten the top nut down and not all three.... lol

how did you get the 500 ponis on that 6.9?

George D.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can adjust it with it runing but with the tollerances in the pump it if something woulg go slightly wrong you could destroy the pump.

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
I proclaim George to be the diesek encyclopedia of Las Vegas. Goodnight.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think I found one in a Ford L7000. Looks like a 6.9 on 'roids, and is painted Ferd Blue.

Its Navistar blue

Duly Noted.:hail

The sarcastic side of me wants to retort with: "and I suppose its a farking Navistar blue oval on the grill too, then, huh?" but... not all here know me well enoguh to realise that it would be facetious in nature at best......

:rotflmao

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
Run to Napa guys. I went in today to get an injector seal kit. I also grabbed a pair of gloves that was on sale for 3.99. Not sure whats going on with Napa and the sku# for scanning products BUT............ my reciept totale 9.96. gloves 3.99, injector seal kit 5.97.

I might have to go get some high class beer tonight!!!

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
last time I priced the return line kit @ NAPA it was a bill... same thing, right?-

George D.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duly Noted.:hail

The sarcastic side of me wants to retort with: "and I suppose its a farking Navistar blue oval on the grill too, then, huh?" but... not all here know me well enoguh to realise that it would be facetious in nature at best......

:rotflmao

:rotflmaoMy bad dude I forgot its hard to tell when people were joking around over the net I wasn't being serious either

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
open filter housing, i opened up the Y on the exhaust and ran some 4" inch pipe. The 6.9 sounds like a BEAST now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online