Building a 6.9 to kill

George D.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it a Ppump? if it is it ould solve the fule part of the equation, But a DB2 can suport 400 hp the problem is injectors and lines.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Yup good for the same thing as a 3208 boat anchor but the pump could be usefull.

3208 aint a bad engine, cedar grove fire department has a truck and it has one in it, its a good truck too, but thats like everything everyone has there opionions

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Elevation does kill the N/A IDI. The banks will be nice, but don't forget you gotta build that thing LOL. Maybe you can use it as the small turbo for a sequential setup.

George D.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't worry if he is satified with the banks I'll teak my timing a fule a bit and when my much bigger heavyer sexyer truck is faster he'll be back to building it:sly

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
Don't worry if he is satified with the banks I'll teak my timing a fule a bit and when my much bigger heavyer sexyer truck is faster he'll be back to building it:sly

The build is gonna happen. I am actually thing what would benefit everyont the most is seeing what increasing amounts of boost and fuel do to a stock motor. I have the second one to build so toasting one for the cause doesnt seem so bad.

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
sorry for the typos, hands are jittery from beer and pulling out the grinder to cut the air filer housing up into an open element style contraption.

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
can i advance the DB2 with motor running or is it an adjust, tighten, test kinda deal?

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3208 aint a bad engine, cedar grove fire department has a truck and it has one in it, its a good truck too, but thats like everything everyone has there opionions

3208's were fine in light applications but anything heavier and they just didnt hold up.
I have to say though, it was a far better engine than the pos tripple nickle cummins!

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
State line aint no joke of a grade but its inpossible twoing N/A you physicly cant get the air to burn enough fule in thouse altitude but put a turbo on and its gravy I went from 15 at the bottom to 65 about 3/4 the way up haulling a lot of weight man 3,000 4th gear bigload and straight pipes sounded awsome echoing off the sides of big rigs as I flew past plus listening to them talk about it on the CB was geart after I cussed out the guy that pulled ou on me doing 30 and loseing speed quick passing some other slow mover.

Thats one hellava hill. Seems to me that it's steeper than Baker grade, heading back towards Vegas.
When I towed our Jetta to Cali on a large flatbed trailer back in February, we were able to keep speed up just fine but I think that was the hill that did my old head gaskets in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online