Brick vs OBS

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
So thanks to the lovley cab corner rust on my truck (repairable but expensive) Im thinking of getting a new cab and just swapping it over, unfortunately I have a few mods done here and there to this truck so wondering what all was different between the 2 cabs. (mainly in the interior/visor area but also running board wise). That and figuring I swap interior colors in the process any good recommendations on paints to change some of my modded parts? (Sortve a dash mat texture/feel, cant rember what I used to make it blue but know it was an off the shelf interior paint item)

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my friend, about $3 in metal, few more bucks in cold beverages and a days work. It aint perfect, but its cheap!(damn fluxcore welder)
You must be registered for see images attach

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
Theres several other little things wrong with the cab as well (like the huge dent in the roof that looks like a bear sat on it...or a hippo) and for those of us not in the rust belt, rust is a death sentence to a truck, part of the reason I got this rig so cheap :) . Besides not only do I hate body work my welding/fab skills are no where near good enough to get anything that look decent and last so Id have to spec it out which quickly adds to the cost.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i understand, the 1.5 months i spent welding in new panels etc on my truck are just crutches to get it by for a few more years..the cab is doomed:(.
I cannot answer your question, but i wish you good luck!

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Dash and door panels are different. Well actually the whole door, but they're interchangeable.
Windshield's are the same.

Anything more specific?

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is a bracket under the dash where the pedals mount that is different. also the seat belt mounts for the shoulders

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
i will try and post up some pics here in a few.... the firewall area by the pedals is a good bit different...there is a dash bracket that would need to be cut off the brick cab and welded into the OBS cab....and the dash would need to be notched to fit around a bump in the kick panel... i was going to do this and decided it was too much of a pain in the rear to make it work and look right

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
OBS kick panel (sorry for the bad angle)

OBS Firewall

Brick Firewall

Brick Dash Support

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
Running boards match up for the most part? As far as interior goes Im more worried about the sun visor mounts as I have a shelf that bolts to those (radio mount and future switch panel location)

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Why not just find a bricknose cab? Or do you already have a OBS cab laying around?

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
atm its whichever I find first, that said Ive got a maybe on an OBS cab which would also come with a D60 and several other goodies. Honestly the styling of the brick grew on me but theres a lot more headlight upgrade options for the OBS (imho the headlights in a brick are pretty close to worthless)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726