Block heater

budget95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna get a can of carb cleaner tonight. Hopefully I can get the gp's striaghtend out.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Why do You want the carb cleaner for? This engines burn oil, a little oil on the intake isn't going to keep it from starting, there are other issues here. Have You done anything to the truck before it started to act like this?

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
block heater if factory equiped is located in the block just above the starter. there are many different styles of heaters though and many aftermarket heaters go in the radiator or heater hoses.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Yes it is on the pass side just above the block this is where most are. The cable cost is about $15 or less some times You can get them at most part stores. You should be able to see it at least the two pins on the back of the heating element to connect the cable.

monkeyboi

Reaction score
You could also try 2-stroke/gasoline mix in spray bottle-it's what we use to diagnose chainsaw fuel issues. At least this would retain some lubrication.

budget95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I realized that the push button that I first put on was only good for 5amp. Apperantly the controller was malfunctioning the whole time. I'd assume that's why the 4 gp's I had replaced where burnt out. Then the controller stopped working, I assumed 5amp button crapped out so I switched to a 15amp and it still didnt work. At this point the controller doesn't work at all. Hopefully I can work on it this weekend.