big hp idi

idibeast

Reaction score
This ^^^ Like Gary said, we haven't found the limits of the block, so why fill it when it isn't a weakness? How much fuel are you wanting to run with that p-pump?

I just thought id fill the block for a little extra insurance, and i havent totally figured out how much fuel i want yet, ill probably leave it at the stock setting until i get to a dyno and go up by small increments, i want to be in the 500+ rwhp region in the end.:sly

Who/Where are you going to get the copper gaskets and firering set from?Heath

Im getting the gaskets custom made by Lubbock Gasket, and due to our prechambers, i cant run firerings, but i can run a single o-ring on the block side, this is why im going with copper gaskets, to makeup for this.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This ^^^ Like Gary said, we haven't found the limits of the block, so why fill it when it isn't a weakness? How much fuel are you wanting to run with that p-pump?

I just thought id fill the block for a little extra insurance, and i havent totally figured out how much fuel i want yet, ill probably leave it at the stock setting until i get to a dyno and go up by small increments, i want to be in the 500+ rwhp region in the end.:sly

Who/Where are you going to get the copper gaskets and firering set from?Heath

Im getting the gaskets custom made by Lubbock Gasket, and due to our prechambers, i cant run firerings, but i can run a single o-ring on the block side, this is why im going with copper gaskets, to makeup for this.
just as a note of caution.... what you do with it is up to you...i ran copper head gaskets on a gasser buick 455 years ago. great for track use, horrible for day-to-day use. problem? keeping up with thermal expansion/contraction on a daily driver. if you do attempt this, do look into products that provide the bond/seal you need to keep the coolant and combustion gasses where they are supposed to be. hylomar was a good sealer, but still failed over time. that's the reason why composite head gaskets are a bear to remove when doing gaskets, they are doing what they are suppsed to be doing. sticking and sealing.
just my .02....

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
What Towcat posted is really the honest truth. I don't think any road driven engine has a copper head gasket and nothing else. Having a custom copper head gasket cut is going to be an expensive deal. The new lasers can cut an almost prefect line with very little distorsion too.