Best Coolant?

DaytonaBill

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Skip...

I was just catching up with this thread and noticed that there were no mention of using distilled water...

If you use the concentrate, you have to dilute the concentrate with distilled water (demineralized water)...

Four gallons of concentrate and four gallons of distilled water from your favorite supermarket...

OR

You could use the pre-diluted 50/50 stuff (napa and fleetcharge has them)...

By using the pre-diluted, you do away with mixing the distilled water, but be sure to get 8 (not 4) gallons of coolant...

Otherwise get 4 gallons of the concentrate plus the additional 4 gallons of distilled water to get 8 gallons of coolant...

Here in Daytona, Advance Auto carries Peak Fleet Charge Antifreeze/Coolant and you mix 4 gallons of water to get 8 gallons...

Going this way, with either 4 gallons of napa or fleetcharge, mixing 4 gallons of water is waaay cheaper than buying 8 gallons of ready to pour (pre-diluted 50/50) antifreeze...

Clear as mud, right? cookoo

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
ELC to me is the way to go if your cooling system is in good shape. Don't have to check SCAs ever. It last longer than conventional green. No silicates in it to wear out the water pump bearings and seals. The cooling system also stays much cleaner with it.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't heard NAPA specific coolant causing that. But if you mix ethylene glycol (the green stuff) with some of the other coolants like take for example vw/audi g12 it will gel....... Was not happy fixing a shops mistake.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
As for NAPA coolant. I have run NAPA Turbo Power HD diesel SCA precharged coolant for years with no complaints. Purple stuff