Behold, I am now a Dually.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so what happened to that sweet box that was on it.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tires only look to be maybe one or two inches further out than the other truck. Doesn't seem right, but looks good.
Travis..

Dually pickup axle(the one he installed under the white/red crew cab) is 4 inches wider than a cab and chassis dually rearend. So his tires stick out 2 inches more on each side than the blue truck that the bed came off of.

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you considered just painting the front wheels white and leaving it as is? I think it would look good that way.

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
really and truley you cant build a flatbed cheaper than you can buy them at least that is the way it is around here considering the price of metal and welding materials. My bro figured it up and without figuring in labor he came out barely anything less than what he could have bought one for when building his. the only plus to building one is you can customize it to your needs.

He's right, it's better to find a nice used one on the cheap.

I hear you guys, but I want it kind of light-ish and I don't want it 6"-10" above the frame hump. Production flat beds are typically built very heavy and very generic so they don't fit any one truck very good. I've been looking, but haven't seen one that tickles my fancy just yet. I have plenty of time as this is just a nice to do project and not a necessity. I do keep getting asked why I want to do this to my nice truck though.
Travis..

DragRag

Reaction score
so what happened to that sweet box that was on it.

Scrapped it. It was not that great really, looked from far, but far from good. It had a blow out, and wiped out a section. Good beds are easy around here, so i don't value them all that much. I know you midwesters would kill for rust free metal, if I only had a way to get it there. Oregon is pretty easy on sheet metal I would think.

DragRag

Reaction score
Well, I keep offering free beds, and no one comes and gets them from here. The two I have listed in the free parts section are gone now, a local scrapper came and got them.

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I keep offering free beds, and no one comes and gets them from here. The two I have listed in the free parts section are gone now, a local scrapper came and got them.

If you get a free one, and can get it to a freighter for a fair price id be game......just not driving to cali for a bed, when the trucks only worth 2500 haha