Behold, I am now a Dually.

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
We put the Dana 70 H.D. rear end out back with the old school coined dually wheels with new 235-85R16 10 ply's all around. I was running 285-75's on it so it pulls a bit harder now with the the smaller tires. Very happy over all, I am still running the 3.54 gears front and back. I still need to get a set of dually hubs for the front end, and get two more dually wheels, then it will look like it came that way rather then a conversion. It screams conversion right now with the standard wheels on the front. I think I will stick with the white wheels since the truck is red and white. The 105 gallon tank is mounted and wired for fueling to now.

You must be registered for see images attach

Just beautiful!

Do you know any place where we can buy the lights for the bed's edge. I have a couple damaged in my dually. Well the whole bed is in need of repair. Yours is like new. Great job!

Burt.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So just for the record, this Dana 70 Dually rear with 3.54's came off a truck that was also NOT a cab-chassis truck in real life, so the frame width and spring locations were the same. Correct?

DragRag

Reaction score
So just for the record, this Dana 70 Dually rear with 3.54's came off a truck that was also NOT a cab-chassis truck in real life, so the frame width and spring locations were the same. Correct?

That is correct, it came out of an 85' F350 single cab, with factory bed. I was there when it was being pulled.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just figured someone someday might do a search and find this thead and want clarification on that. ;Sweet

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
It looks good both ways IMO. A set of tool boxes between the rear wheels and cab will fill in that gap. A set of tow mirrors and cab kits will make it look sharp and legal

x2 on the tool boxes I helped my bro build his flatbed and man it is nice to have the two underbed boxes. One holds ratchet and tow straps, chains, things like that and the other holds your basic tools(socket set, 4 way, couple piston jacks, misc. and then we have an aluminum up top to put other stuff in.

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How bout a pic from the front corner looking down the side to show the relationship between the outer tire edge and the bed edge? Was the donor truck a cab&chassis? That bed isn't super wide, I am surprised that it covers the tires on a dually pick-up rear.
Travis..

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
I have the same size in both my van and my truck, LT235/85R16E, that's what they came with. So... I'm running on "pizza cutters"LOL

Thanks for your reply to my question.

Burt.

DragRag

Reaction score
How bout a pic from the front corner looking down the side to show the relationship between the outer tire edge and the bed edge? Was the donor truck a cab&chassis? That bed isn't super wide, I am surprised that it covers the tires on a dually pick-up rear.
Travis..

The donor was a cab and chassis truck, I will take a pic for ya and post.

DragRag

Reaction score
x2 on the tool boxes I helped my bro build his flatbed and man it is nice to have the two underbed boxes. One holds ratchet and tow straps, chains, things like that and the other holds your basic tools(socket set, 4 way, couple piston jacks, misc. and then we have an aluminum up top to put other stuff in.

I have a new tool box on the passenger side only as of now. I am looking to do more though.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same size in both my van and my truck, LT235/85R16E, that's what they came with. So... I'm running on "pizza cutters"LOL

Thanks for your reply to my question.

Burt.

Yah, I'm running on pizza cutters in the rear as well - not much of a choice in the matter tho, any wider and they'll rub sidewalls. I do have 265/75-16s in the front tho, for the extra payload capacity.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
You never gave me a price. How much for those imports anyway. Or, how many more tire sets do I need to buy before I get the frequent flier discount. I want a free flight already....:sly

Not a retard just into your trucks like the rest of us Morons:rotflmao

RustyBolts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my own personal opinion, a flatbed doesn't look right unless it has Dual rear wheels under it. I know it's two extra tires to buy, but, duallies have a soft spot with me.