Based on Numerous Comments --------

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Friends,

Based on numerous comments of persons who are looking for rust-free IDI trucks or major parts thereof, I wonder if this site needs a SIGHTINGS area for good deals that members have found or are looking for.
(The antique boat forum that I'm active upon has such an area & we "old boat nuts" all help each other find "things" there.)

For example: Here in the Alamo City area, right now I know of:
1. a 1986 F-350 crew-cab with manual transmission in good running condition for 2000.oo
2.any number of 7.3 IDI trucks for less than 2000.oo,
3. 1985 4x4 club-cab with manual transmission for 800.oo
and
4. a 1989 F-250 with a ZF transmission & a working lift-gate for 800.oo.

Note: None of these are mine. - I just found them while looking for boats & outboard motors.

just my OPINION, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
79jasper,

I think of those portions of the site as primarily people selling things that belong to the seller or their company. - I see SIGHTINGS as one member simply helping another member find things/trucks.

Feel free to disregard my suggestion as unnecessary and/or worthless, if you wish.

just my OPINION, satx

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The eBay craigslist find section is actually just for this purpose. The marketplace section is the members selling stuff section. Sometimes folks will cross post if they have an ad up on CL and EBay.

By all means, feel free to drop anything you find there. If/when I start looking for the next victim, I'll be looking for a clean starting point. Having that kind of info,I find helpful to the search so I appreciate seeing what's out there. Helps get a feel for the market.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
x3 on the market place.
its an awesome feature!
everytime i find something worth buying, and i dont need it, i post it up on the e-bay and c-list forum.

many times i find great deals and we all benefit!

EX: 38 gal fuel tank new
ip line clamps.
and alot more.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IDIiot,

I was primarily talking about things that aren't on craigslist/ebay.com/etc. - I find my REAL treasures "out in pastures, looking unloved".
(For example, my "one-of-one" HURRICANE of TEXAS 16 foot runabout from 1958.)
My "new to me" 1986 XLT Lariat wasn't advertised for sale anywhere, except on a piece of cardboard on the side window.

yours, satx

Last edited: