Back in an IDI

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy I was able to help :)

And, fortunately, I had the recepits right at the front of my file folder. If I'm reading it correctly, the Ford part numbers are as follows:

Large: 1C3Z-6C610-BA (two needed) (these are the same on the new and old oil coolers)
Small: 1C3Z-6K649-BA (two needed) ("late" oil coolers after Block # 6.9D U2U 061494)

And, for the record, the "early" oil cooler inner rings are Ford part number E3TZ-6K649-A (4 needed), but IIRC Ford has discontinued these...I don't know if they're available from International or not, and I don't have the IH part numbers.

Also, I don't think Ford EVER updated the oil cooler diagram or install instructions in the FSM...which, I believe, is why there have been problems in the past with oil cooler assemblies. In the early oil coolers, the smaller O-rings HAVE to go into the headers...however, if you try to put the smaller O-rings into the headers on a newer oil cooler, you run the risk of cutting the O-rings up and therefore need to install the smaller O-rings on the bundle.

It's not the only misprint I've caught in the FSM, unfortunately...at least in my '84 FSM, it says that the thermostat gasket needs to go onto the block first, with the thermostat sitting on top of the gasket. When I put it back together, I took the FSM at face value even though it seemed to me that the thermostat should go in first...lo and behold, I ended up with a leak and had to take it apart and put it back together "right"...

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man you'd hate my F250, it's a Custom! LOL

It's got NOTHING! 2 speed wipers :D

My A/C has always been the little vent windows open all the way around, and the wind blows directly on you. Feels good.....untill a fly or bee hits you in the chest....
I had a Chevy truck like that, it was older than me by quite a few years ;Really But to clarify about the A/C, the important thing there is that A/C trucks have dash vents whereas non-A/C trucks never seem to have them - I couldn't care less if the A/C actually works or not, but having hot air straight in your face and on your fingers while holding the steering wheel sure feels nice on a cold morning.

And I love the fact that my truck is an XL; manual locks, windows, transmission, and Vinyl floors. I would like to upgrade the tires (to perhaps a 255/85R16), add a cd player, tow hooks, towing wiring, a headache rack, and a toolbox, as well as some possible interior storage.
Nah, I'm lazy and spoiled - I like my power windows and locks, clutch-less transmission, carpeted floorpans, comfy seat, cruise control, and so on. Heck even my headlights are automatic, coming on with the ignition and going off on a timer :D To each their own I suppose, I just drive this thing for so many hours at a time I'd about die if it was a manual-everything truck like yours, lol.

You may find out the selection of tires in the 255/85-16 size is rather limited, least that's what the member HammerDown was posted in a thread not too long ago. The rest of the plans sound good tho ;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online