Any nice rides left out there?

fields_mj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious if anyone has seen any really nice SRW crew cabs available anywhere? In the back of my mind, I keep thinking that we'll eventually get one for the wife, but I look around from time to time and I haven't seen anything nice for a LONG LONG time.

stevedrums

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they are out there, but the people that own them are hoarding them, not selling them

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a 1993 f350 crew cab. its nicer than my 1989 F250 I had but the 93 has been sitting for 3 years so it needs allot of brake work! And it needs a engine.

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
Guy over by Daton Ohio has an OK 1990/1? crew cab srw 4x4 with a 7.3 banks turbo and an auto.

I had a deal worked out with the guy and I was gonna be picking the truck up, but I guess he pussed out because he's not calling me back.....

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Seems like any clean idi is becoming harder and harder to come by, of any make. Im afraid of they day when forced emission testing will do away with all the good old stuff... as the "emission testing" is just a way to get more tax dollars in the pockets of our leaders as we go buy new stuff. It'll come, one day.:puke:

I like to hoard stuff that I like to but whats it all worth if or when we can't licence them anymore? Just eye candy in the yard I guess:sly

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
The good ones, their owners don't want to let them go, and the bad ones, were most likely company trucks.....

So yeah... LOL

langevette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious if anyone has seen any really nice SRW crew cabs available anywhere? In the back of my mind, I keep thinking that we'll eventually get one for the wife, but I look around from time to time and I haven't seen anything nice for a LONG LONG time.

I'd like to think mine is nice, but a PO made her a dually. I debating switchn'er back to singles. Mine came from TN, but lived in FL all its life;Sweet
I do however have some rust bubbles in the cab corners and tailgate, but the fenders are rust free:sly
Matthew

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Man you're about a week too late. Darrin had a sweet dark green 93 crew cab on his lot.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
You have to look in the south to find anything decent.
Keep and eye on ebay and autotrader. Craigslist just gives you the local salt belt trucks you are accustomed to seeing

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Darrin always has a plumb museum piece rig that he found out there. He finds nice trucks like I find cheap parts on ebay... We have a touch for something... And we go with it....:D:angel:

SlimF350

Reaction score
I had a giant stroke of luck when I got mine. Original owner, all the sheetmetal's been replaced/painted, rebuilt axles, tranny, newer glow plugs, and a perfect interior. I paid $1000. The guy said he was just ready to be one with it. I was in the right place at the right time (actually, my friend was but knew I was looking). I had been waiting for a couple years before that to find the right deal. A great site to search all the Craigslist's is searchtempest.com. Keep looking, they're out there.

DragRag

Reaction score
Just recently bought this super clean, low mileage rig. His phone was ringing off the hook while I was there to pick it up. It seems clean low mileage units at a low/fair prices are in high demand.
You must be registered for see images attach

Also, to give you an idea of how "in demand" these trucks are. I just sold this truck on ebay. It was listed for three days before the buy it now was hit by a very nice guy in Alaska. Pretty safe to say, it will not look this good forever since his plan is to work out of it in weather he said sometimes get's down to -50f. He said he was changing the gear oils as soon as he got home to a thinner synthetic oil because the 85-90wt was just to thick, and would kill his gas mileage. He also said the auto locking hubs will not work in that weather either very well, so I threw in a set of manual hubs for him to install. This truck sold for $10,500 in three short days, and he was damn happy to get it. He said it was the cleanest, and nicest crew cab of this era he had ever seen.

You must be registered for see images attach

fields_mj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the nice ones are salty, but worth it. I had forgotten about Darrin, if we ever get to the point where we can get another, or replace mine, I'll have to keep him in mind. I know it will cost a little more that way, but to have something that I can still fix in the drive way, and can go through hitting a deer with only minor contusions, around here it's worth it. If I can get one for the wife, I fully expect to pay over $10K for it. Having said that, it's still going to be a few more years before we can afford to pay that much for a vehicle, and by then who knows what will still be left. At that point it may be a restore project. Find one with a good frame, and the right options, and then have the sheet metal replaced. Heck, at 10K, it might actually be cheaper that way, who knows. The one thing I do know is that with a new 2012 F150 base model costing +$38K, We'll be driving these old diesels until we can no longer find the parts to rebuild them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online