another turbo thread...

tractorman86

Reaction score
Yea, the truck the 088 is currently on always smoked like a freight train till it spooled up but once it did it ran like a ***** ape. But I don't know how much of that was because it is a 2wd auto

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Well in all seriousness I'm pretty let down with my 088 (although it is much better than nothing at all) and I would trade it plus cash for a 093 without thinking twice. The slip coupler is a total pita and it is a nightmare to remove/deal with when it comes time to service the turbocharger. It "might" run cooler while pulling a huge load over the road, but around town and everywhere else it feels like it is not even there. Once you do get enough fuel to feed it when its spooled you end up with a really smokey bottom end that takes awhile to clear out. The puff eliminator and a different intake may help that though :dunno

I'm not saying the 088 is completely worthless but I feel the 093 matches the engine better and I haven't heard too much about crazy EGT's with them either when fueled properly...

You trade me your kit and give me some money i will trade you my 093 for you 088;Sweet

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Do you have any excessively high egt problems with the 093, David?

If i knew i would tell you, but what i can tell you is my pump is maxxed my wastegated is disabled, at 1000 rpm in fourth gear if i stomp it i makes 1 psi of boost and is rolling coal, at 1500rpm im making 6psi and the coal starts to clean up a little, by 2000 rpm its makin 10-11 psi and it just has a grey haze of smoke, and by 2500 rpm im making right at 15psi of boost with no smoke at all and buy then im hualing ass, but it never makes no more boost than that, but remeber i have the factory version with the 2.5 outlet housing, but i did make a good downpipe for it and i have no muffler on my exhuast system, and at the moment im running an open elemenet intake system till i can get an aif filter for my factory air box and then im going back to ram-air, hope this helps you some

tractorman86

Reaction score
I liked that too. Well I am still convinced the 093 is what I really wan but I just don't thnk I can come up with the funds to finish that system, I will probably run the 088 till I can get the rest of the pieces for the other

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
You trade me your kit and give me some money i will trade you my 093 for you 088;Sweet

You don't know how tempting that is ;Sweet I meant to imply that I would trade an 088 plus cash for a 093 if it was out of the truck and sitting on the work bench LOL but it would probably be worth removing it if everything was complete and in good shape--depending on how much cash that is...

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
You don't know how tempting that is ;Sweet I meant to imply that I would trade an 088 plus cash for a 093 if it was out of the truck and sitting on the work bench LOL but it would probably be worth removing it if everything was complete and in good shape--depending on how much cash that is...

Make an offer all i can say is no, lol it wont take me long to have it off my engine, and everything is there too

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.