and the process starts again!!!

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so as some of you know i did a crew cab on a reg cab longbed frame...well that was two wheel drive and as im living in utah again i am wanting four wheel drive so a few months back i sold my crew cab short and bought a 90f350 crew cab long bed...well have i ever said i hate long beds!!!lol (here comes the gruff for that one) so i got my bed off and slapped on my mini for ***** and giggles...haha... that shows you guys the wheel base difference in a crew cab longbed vs a single cab long bed...so next weekend off comes the cab and down goes the frame...ah walmart here i come lol well ill have more pics when i start enjoy

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it will look exactly as my reg cdaab longbed frame with the crew cab did...and no its a single wheel front end

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ha hopefully sooner than later...i had to use the engine i was going to rebuild to put in a truck im selling so ill have some funds available soon

burt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you gonna chop the straight section behind the cab and fuse the two halfs together or move the axle forward and cut off the back of the frame? I am real interested in doing this also. May be I should start a different thread but I wanna hear opinions on whats the better route. Totally dig the idea

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well honestly ive beeen throwing around both ideas....come this saturday i will know for sure cause thats when i start cutting! one way cutting the straight section i will run into where the frame starts to bend downward underneath the cab and will have to channel about one foot into the cab so the angle would start later not too big of a deal....... and the other way is just a pain cutting rivets little bit harder to measure and alot more stuff to move around

burt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see that happen. What wheelbase are you after? Iirc it seems like getting rid of the straight section could drop around 30" but that's not quite as short as a rclb (5" i think). Looked like it would be real easy though and leave most everything in its place. Hardest part for me may be getting up the nerve to cut my cherished truck in half.

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got no problem cutting things up...its just metal and can always be repaired...and it will be a reg cab long bed wheelbase...as ive already had this setup on one of those frames

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so kind of off subject to current thread build but i bought a hx 40 with a 6 blade billet wheel...currently 16cm exh housing but going to get a 14 for it pictures soon

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score