and the process starts again!!!

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so to start no i didnt get a sports car haha

so ive got her up and going besides i have to have a rear driveshaft built and remake my mini bed and give it five more inches...so now it is five inches longer than a reg cab longbed wheel base...mainly did that just to have more room in front of the rear tires for a more "factory" look...where i decided to make my cut line was right between the shackle arms on the front shackle so it would be hidden in there and also be held together by the shackle

ive been trying to get my phone to work with me but it got ran over about a week ago so pics are bad at best but will try to get more from someone elses camera soon... but lets give it a try

sorry there very small also
if you hold control than hit the + sign on your keyboard it will zoom in some
and also control and the - minus sign it will zoom out

so here is what i cut out...kinda i had already moved it up once to look at it
You must be registered for see images attach

starting to get frame together welding and grinding for a "factory" look

fishplate on the frame

and rewelding shackles cause i couldnt find a bolt in my town with the right size shoulder

i didnt get any pictures before i undercoated that spot...once i get new body mounts im doing the frame and reverse shackle flip

these ones are small guys sorry will get more asap

and the five inch gap so i have more of a fender on the new bed in front to put some flares on

of course along with shortening the frame all the wiring had to be shortened which meant declipping everything than soldering with heat shrink and replacing in factory clips at the right lengths ill get pics of wiring and brake lines etc...i also built a fuel pump plate right by the rear tank as it wouldnt fit between the railsand the rear is the only one i am running so it has no pulling distance like i said more and better pics soon sorry but since phone got ran over i cant really do much with it so i had to go by my brothers to borrow his desktop and transfer pics...but more soon

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so a lot has happened since I last posted on this page but sad to say nothing has been done to the the body. But I just got engine back from machine shop where it had the line bore checked, crank ground .010, rods were resized and new pin bushings installed, cam bearings installed, bored .040 over (6.9), and magnafluxed of course. Stil have to get pistons ceramic coated and the skirts Teflon coated. I'm getting my second ring gap less. I got to go into total seal and see the whole process since they are local to me. And the assembly then has to be balanced.... It does have shot peened rods also. The heads still have to be done and the turbo manifolds need built. I have the turbo it is a turbonetics I was told it is a 62mm but compressor inducer measures 66mm... Also am switching to a c6 with a gv I have both and am rebuilding them along with the 1356 tcase before anything goes in...so far I'm 3850 into
Machine work
Main and head studs
Shot peened rods
turbo
gaskets
idi performance cam
Idi performance intake
Idi performance bbinjectors
Comp cams pstroke valve springs
main rod and cam bearings
pistons
pins
pin bushings
rings
I paid 500 for the 6.9 I got built c6 I'm building banks turbo I sold 1356 I'm building and the gear vendor I'm building got an awesome deal for a days of work and 700 mile round trip

Last edited:

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you still planning on an inline IP? Or are you gonna go a different route for fuel?