7.3 idi overheated and the c6 started to drip.

Wrenchmonkey316

Reaction score
Thank you I really appreciate it. I think I’ll probably need to add the temp sensor on the side. Hmmm, has anyone used a temp sensor in the drain plug? Nice little sensor and wire hanging down extra far waiting to get sheared off. Haha

Wrenchmonkey316

Reaction score
I’m more of a picture book kinda guy but I read the info and it’s got the hole for the sensor on the side I just didn’t see it in the bottom view picture.

Wrenchmonkey316

Reaction score
Oh looks like it’s in the other picture as well. See that’s why I stick to the picture books, they’re clearly challenging enough.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I’m more of a picture book kinda guy but I read the info and it’s got the hole for the sensor on the side I just didn’t see it in the bottom view picture.
Yep, drain on the bottom and temperature sensor port on the side. The cheaper aluminum pans lack the port.

Wrenchmonkey316

Reaction score
Would you happen to know the best color modulator stripe for the idi with 33s? I know the modulator in it is old now and it looks like a light blue stripe.

The overdrive (4th) always shifts late at 2500. Also when slowing down before a stop it clunks into gear a little sometimes in the last down shift.

Supposedly the transmission only has 30k since the rebuild and the overdrive unit addition. This truck sat too much unfortunately as the guy got further up in his years.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
They're typically adjustable. There's a little flathead screw inside where the vacuum line goes on. Clockwise for later, counterclockwise for earlier. Do 1/4 of a turn at a time and then road test.

Original ones from the factory may not be, but aftermarket are. Or at least the one I bought around 2019 was. I think I got green?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online