and the process starts again!!!

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i will certainly give you grief.
what the HECK is the point of a 6foot bed when you have a perfectly good 8 foot bed.
I dont get it. I see people with short beds all the time carrying some 8-9 foot lumber or metal rods, and they gotta put em thru the rear sliding window, or have an overhang warning rag. Not to mention you caant transport drywall sheets.
I dunno, just dont get it.j

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha I've been waiting for that...and the bed is 5' 2" lol and I'm not usually much of a big bed hauler as long as I can fit my dirt bike everything else can go on the trailer....and let's see your crew cab go where my crew cab will go lol

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^point taken. impossible for me to fit in a normal sized shopping mall parking lot.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
i will certainly give you grief.
what the HECK is the point of a 6foot bed when you have a perfectly good 8 foot bed.
I dont get it. I see people with short beds all the time carrying some 8-9 foot lumber or metal rods, and they gotta put em thru the rear sliding window, or have an overhang warning rag. Not to mention you caant transport drywall sheets.
I dunno, just dont get it.j

I agree. I do construction for a living and also have a utility bed. I almost want a 10 foot bed haha. To me there is nothing more useless than a short bed. With a short bed the longest piece of lumber you can carry is 12 foot. I understand about the turning radius and all but why sacrifice that bed space? To each his own i guess.

burt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what lumber racks and trailers are for. Being more nimble maneuvering a trailer around town while still having four doors for people or tools sounds sweet to me. Did you start chopping yet?

crewd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked through the pictures of the first truck. I like it. I'm split on long beds, I like the space. But using the cclb dually this past weekend I noticed backing up a trailer is not as responsive to direction changes like a rclb. Well, I guess that's more of a wheelbase thing than bed size.

Looking at the pictures of the first truck, I see you channeled the body to fit the hump in the frame. Would you do that again? Looks like you needed 3-4" or so of clearance. A Body lift would show a lot of frame in the front. So curious to see how/if you cut the frame this time around.

Where's the pictures? Last night came and went...LOL

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry no pictures again tonight...not channeling the cab or a body lift...everything that is getting cut is behind first bed bolts and ends inbetween front shackle... Frame is cut tacked put bed on and checked everything...pulled bed off and v cut frame for good penetration...everything almost ready to go back together...

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so kind of off subject to current thread build but i bought a hx 40 with a 6 blade billet wheel...currently 16cm exh housing but going to get a 14 for it pictures soon

Is that gonna be the secondary turbo in a set of compounds? I see it says twin turbo in your sig...

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a single turbo...just twin uppipes equal length off equal length manifolds short as possible

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
If I was worried about driving around town Id take the sports car... I still stand by the fact that a short bed truck was one of the dumbest inventions in the auto industry that led to the large quantity of grocery getter pickups we now have.

burt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you decide to just get a sports car and leave it long like was recommended or did you forget to post the pictures;Poke