Air Bags?

NAIL BENDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about a leveling kit by end of summer. I carry a lot of weight daily and would like to put air bags on to keep my truck level. What is the best brand?

Roland_Jenkins

Señor Member
Reaction score
The best is PHOENIX/AUTOMANN AIRBAGS (subjective)

I was considering Firestone's myself. Living in the Northwest I was going to have Les Schwab do the install but I understand its not all that hard for a DIY'selfer.

CumminsLuke

Reaction score
Screw the airbags, get yourself a set of Timbren load boosters. I used to run airbags on what ever truck was under our 3 car hauler but I tried a set of Timbrens and I'll never go back again. Put em on and forget em, no adjusting. Check em out here.........

www.timbren.com

Fishin2Deep4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Timbrens would work fine if that truck saw an occasional load, but I think it would be a bit much for his plans.

Firestone bags are the best option. After having "passive" load bolsters (Timbrens) and bags, there is no comparison to bags. Not only do you have the ability to level the truck, you can also vary the pressure depending on load and helping the ride.

I have seen NB's truck, and it's the only one around that sits level to rear low on a daily basis.

Joe, get the bags. I'll even help you put them on. As far as the in cab control, I would skip it in your application unless you just want the compressor. You'll be maintaining quite a bit of weight most of the time.

BTW, Timbrens are extremely hard to beat in trailer towing applications. My dad ran them for years. But, I always felt it was like slipping a wood block in for a bump stop.

JMO

Dave

Venom

Testing Some Crap Out
Reaction score
I have been thinking about a Kelderman system.
Anybody got any experience with it?

Sir Smokesalot

Reaction score
Air Lifts here - boughtem at Camping World for about $229. Even had them install them. Install about $100, but got $100 back gift certificate which I already spent right back. Bought wife a new folding camping recliner chair. BTW, this is my second set of air bags. Had RiteRites before on my '96. No complaints on either brand.

rubberfish

Reaction score
Joe
Go with the bags. I just put a pair on my ride and they're well worth the few extra dollars. If I'd known they were going to be this nice I would have put them on a long time ago. I had timbrens on another truck a few years back, and the bags kick ass as far as ride goes.