A few transmission questions

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
So I busted the back cover that bolts on to my t19 and the clutch is shot so it's pulled out right now.does anyone know where to get that piece.and I want to upgrade to a better clutch because I'm gonna swap to a 7.3 with my hypermax while we've got it tore down.or I can put my 460 zf5 trans in but don't know what clutch to get.is the diesel clutch the same or what.its goin in my 86 f250

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
can you post a pic of the broken part?
i'm not visualizing this here. :D
You must be registered for see images attach
that's it I just happened to finally find one on eBay after searching all night.but it's 130 plus 150 for a 12 inch clutch but I'm not sure the 5 speed swap would be worth the extra cost.i was figuring on 3-400 for the piece of I found one

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Overdrive is worth every penny imo but as for the clutch question you would just buy a diesel specific clutch like the luk kit, so probably $300 there

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Overdrive is worth every penny imo but as for the clutch question you would just buy a diesel specific clutch like the luk kit, so probably $300 there
I knew it'd be worth it but honestly around here I never run 5th or overdrive around here

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
that's it I just happened to finally find one on eBay after searching all night.but it's 130 plus 150 for a 12 inch clutch but I'm not sure the 5 speed swap would be worth the extra cost.i was figuring on 3-400 for the piece of I found one

I can help with that part.
I'll post a pic via PM when I get to work tonite.