95 PS, sat for 2 yrs , after I get it back need to check air where to start....

Lockedhearts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should have my truck back early week from the EPC solenoid fix , I tested the air, blower works well, it is cool but not cold. Anything I can do without taking it to mechanic to check if it needs freon or more? I honestly had not had time to open hood and see if compressor is coming on, so will do that, from there any easy checks I can do? Heat works and seems to work well, got a chance to try it out. Also tested wipers, very nicely working and washer fluid comes out easily. Need to replace tag lights, going to have to replace the receptacles, but not a big deal.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you get around to opening the hood, turn the A/C on Max and Fan on HI, if there is any Refrigerant left in the system the compressor clutch will kick in. There should be a tag someplace under the hood designating the type and charge Ounces. If it needs charged (probably 134A) get some with the leak detector in it. You charge it on the low side which is the large line and small charge fitting. Charge it until frost shows on the large line coming out of the firewall to the accumulator, which is the little black tank about six inches Hi and about four inches in diameter, then release some refrig until the frost disappears. The refrigerant 134A comes in 12 ounce cans, you will have to buy the charging hose if you don't have one.

This one or the other. Azone, O'reilly, Advance all have them.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ac...chill-kit/_/N-259q?itemIdentifier=667632_0_0_

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ac...-261q?itemIdentifier=974770&_requestid=203431

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and wiggle the low pressure sensor connector, too. Mine is bad, and makes the compressor intermittent at best. It's a $6 part to replace.

Lockedhearts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I thought that is what I should do but wanted to make sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online