93 f350 trans ishues

Hardass559

89 7.3 banks turbo
Reaction score
ok everything works but it shifts in to over drive way too soon. hard to shift down its like a speed sensers not working right i have a 95 bronco does the same thing. start it up no lights on the dash touch the break put it in gear let off the break the break and abs lights come on .seams like the trans is skipping third gear to i need to change the over drive butten out but im sure the abs and break lights are throwing the trans off .after your roleing just shut it off real quick and turn it back on it shifts fine till ya touch the breaks and the breaks are really grabby . locks one side up in the back probly a over adjusted break .all i did to this truck was throw a moter in it and get it inspected but the breaks are really easy to push if you hafta stop a litel faster than just touching the peddel it locks one set of duals right up idk if thats in the abs or not but hard down shifting and over up shifting is the main concern right now .

Hardass559

89 7.3 banks turbo
Reaction score
thanks good info il hafta adjust that tomaro any one know a commen cause for the abs light and break light comeing on and causeing the trans to go in to limp mode? not totaly sure if it is as i have not replaced to butten and wireing to it yet but it shift fine till thoes lights are on

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
One thing worth noting is when the T.O.T (trans overtemp) sensor goes south; the trans will shift into overdrive straight from second gear...WAY too soon and the OD button will have no effect on it. Now, this all happens when the tranny is cold, once it warms up....things shift just fine.

I realize this doesn't seem to be you issue, but I like to keep this fact know whenever I see a thread regarding OD engaging to soon. Because its a good way to smoke up the trans.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow lol. when that happened,she must of flashed the od light and tossed the tot code for easy diagnosing Kevin?
used/new/reman solenoid pack and she was right back in action again issue free?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
thanks good info il hafta adjust that tomaro any one know a commen cause for the abs light and break light comeing on and causeing the trans to go in to limp mode? not totaly sure if it is as i have not replaced to butten and wireing to it yet but it shift fine till thoes lights are on

Is the speedometer behaving normally, or is it jumping around a bit ?

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
One thing worth noting is when the T.O.T (trans overtemp) sensor goes south; the trans will shift into overdrive straight from second gear...WAY too soon and the OD button will have no effect on it. Now, this all happens when the tranny is cold, once it warms up....things shift just fine.

I realize this doesn't seem to be you issue, but I like to keep this fact know whenever I see a thread regarding OD engaging to soon. Because its a good way to smoke up the trans.

TOT transmission oil temp sensor. This sensor tells the TCM what temp the fluid is. When this little sensor craps out. The TCM thinks it is at running temp . But it can't adjust the EPC pressure so it has a fit. You will get code 56 and or 66.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat