93 f250

supachaged

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i went to look at a 93 f250 4x4 ext cab today. alot of cancer though but it was a dually? i asked the guy if it was a dually conversion and he said that it was a centurian model. he wants 1200 obo. not running apparently its a starter or wiring issue. also needs brake lines and trans cooler lines. so is this a rare truck or another rust bucket from the northeast? oh its a 7.3 with a new e4od and a plow setup.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen a few f250 duallys on the junkyard. They usually end up being custom creations. I suppose its possible that its a centurian, but without any badges he can't prove anything. I wouldn't pay 1200 for something that i couldn't here run, heck for all you know the trannys blown and the motors been hacked to cover it up. On the flipside it may run great. I guess u have to decide wether its worth the money or not.

I wouldn't buy it. I have several rust free rigs that i paid far less for.

supachaged

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unfortunately the trucks are either rusted out hulks and are cheap or the owner wants a small fortune. the other problem is the owner does have a great truck and he wants a small fortune.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should come down here, i paid less than 900 for a 94 f250 turbo diesel with 140k. Rust free but has a few love bumps adding character to it.

My familys from michigan and the cars are usually pretty rotted there as well. We usually find cars here and drive them up there.

May be a little southern vacaction could be in your future lol.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't worry i have the same problem. I also have a problem with impulse buyin when i find a great deal. Many nice running trucks have been parted out at my place. Half the time there's more money in a nice truck parting it out than there is selling it complete. Im guilty of it, but i try to use the good parts to keep nicer trucks on the road.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6 budd (dually) rims @ $50 each.
$300
rear dually axle:
$400 (and that's a bargain price.check your local salvage yard.)
front D60 DRW 4wd hubs w/rotors or arrowcraft adapters:
$350 (give or take 50 bucks each way)
OR rear dually adapters:
don't recall what those are new.look it up if i peaked your interest and that's what it has rather than the dual axle.;)

new U-bolts for axle swap and other miscellaneous parts for the conversion $100
total:1250

are the tires ok? give 'em a price range here and heck be modest filling in these blanks:
whats the trucks value would you say?
plow? complete and comes with truck?
whats that worth?

what's your total now look like?;)

i would say if your handy with a wrench,even if it was in need of an engine and trans,you'd still be "ok".
unless it is a rotted out pos lol.:D
or you have use of these dually parts for another rig.

i can say first hand,that having a dually 4wd is truck heaven.:D

1200 obo = he wants to be shown 1k and have you haul her away.
if it's not you.someone else will for sure.
though you didn't say if it was a full conversion or not...do the front wheels match (dually/budd rims?)

Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should come down here, i paid less than 900 for a 94 f250 turbo diesel with 140k. Rust free but has a few love bumps adding character to it.

was that a 4wd and or a dually though?
if neither,the truck in the original post may actually have your deal beat.especially if the '94 is a srw (likely) and 2wd.
you have to pay considerably more to get more...in this case only $100 more (likely)
just saying.:dunno

yours rust free,over this rusty one is a huge plus though,along with a turbo.
if the engines and trans is good.it could = a pretty comparable price for what you payed,and what this is will go for.
it's all about the use of the truck in this comparison.
great deal by the way.you don't see that often for a rust free diesel truck no matter what it is.

Last edited:

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
You could always pop your starter off and bring it down there and pop it on the thing along with a remote starter and jump the thing to get it going to see if it's any good at all before dropping any cash on it. If the guys not willing to let you do that , you know the engine is a trot line sinker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online