93 f250 build

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
The caps that I got from Oregon Fuel Injection was a really nice kit. WAY WAY better than the one I got from Pensacola FI. NO MORE FUEL LEAKS.

Took care of my oil leak, and added the new intake. Found an interesting problem. Since the K&N was so small and the vacuum inside was so intense it was actually pulling oil out of the crank case VIA the CDR. Which as far as the motor was concerned it was just more fuel, more fuel means more go, and more boost. So long story short: the truck is running right, no more leaks, but its slower, and it won't make boost like it was.

Guess I need to turn my pump up again :)

PZ

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
Couldn't decide which ones to get, so I got both ;Sweet

You must be registered for see images attach

PZ

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
Well before the truck died, I got a nice little brown box from Hypermax ;Sweet

You must be registered for see images attach

Can't wait to get them installed, but I need to get the truck running first!! -cuss

PZ

Black dawg

Reaction score
dude do you have a good pic of the inside of that deal? Ive wanted one of those for about 10 years, but never have come up with the extra cash.

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
sorry, the inside of the injection pump lid. thanks.

Sorry man, no pic. This thing has some tight tolerance, and you really need a whole new cover to make it work.

I am REALLY happy with the smoke puff limiter. It does a great job, and will certainly allow me to keep the fuel up next time emissions rolls around!!

I also installed the cowl induction, but I won't really know how well that works until I can hit the big hills with it.

Tomorrow is gauges day, so hopfully I can get her all buttoned up, and ready to rock. My first rock crawling event is next weekend, and this truck has got to be ready to tow it over some narly hills for the first time!!

EDIT: I should also note that I found a TON of crap in the IP. There was a insane amount of metal shavings stuck to both solenoids. I guess WMO is out of the question until I get the $$$ for a centrifuge.

PZ

Last edited:

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
Figured I would start a new list of things I am gearing up to do to the truck.
I have a little free time, and would like to get more boost out of the truck with the same amount of fuel (so make the turbo system more efficient). It would also be nice to make boost sooner, and faster.

SO

-Need a new intake/air filter. Looking at AFE
-Need to remove the muffler.
-Need to fix the adapter between the DP and exhaust (its a bottle neck)
-Got some OBS Alcoas to mount up
-GP system is SHOT! I have all new GPs, they have only been in there for a few months, and the truck has trouble starting at 40* (since its getting to be fall this needs addressed FAST!
-Advance on the crap pensocola pump is done. NEED A NEW IP!

GP solution: a friend and I have been playing around with microprocessors (I know that any electronics are like the plague around here, but hear me out). My plan is to program a microprocessor to take over for the GP controller. It will receive coolant temp, and than it will fire the glow plugs for a set amount of time depending on the temp. If the temp is hot enough that it doesn't need plugs, it won't use them. The processor will also control the high idle, and the cold advance on the IP. No more resistance BS!!

Possible IP solution: well I almost cried when I read about the moose pump situation and am glad to see that there is still hope. I should be ready for this soon, like end of September, but it seems that it may take longer than that to get a pump :cry: Also would like moose misters, but that is getting a little pricey!

Last edited:

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
Small update:

-Need a new intake/air filter. Looking at AFEStill trying to find more feed back on this
-Need to remove the muffler.Need to get this done, but its going to happen after GP's
-Need to fix the adapter between the DP and exhaust (its a bottle neck)Need to get this done, but its going to happen after GP's
-Got some OBS Alcoas to mount upDone and its bad ass!
-GP system is SHOT! I have all new GPs, they have only been in there for a few months, and the truck has trouble starting at 40* (since its getting to be fall this needs addressed FAST!Two of my brand new GPs are done. Ordered 8 more today
-Advance on the crap Pensacola pump is done. NEED A NEW IP! I am pretty sure that I was advanced on my timing, and the crap advance on the IP killed the GPs MOOSE PUMP is in the works, Mel has my old pump.

-Need new lifters

PZ

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey how exactly does the smoke puff limiter work? and does it affect the max performance of a Moose Pump? By that I mean does it alao limit your horsepower?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online