93 f250 build

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Even tho it looked like this yesterday:
You must be registered for see images attach

I still managed to get some work done on the truck!

Got the tranny, clutch, and flywheel out!

Old Clutch

New clutch

Good shot of both.

Could you do me a HUGE favor and measure the length of the flywheel bolts that thread into the crank? I want to catalog this in my "part number list" notepad so I know for sure when I replace the clutch again. I know it comes with new bolts, but if I just resurface the flywheel, lucky mod it and put a new spring disc and pressureplate in, I would like to have proper length bolts. I think I got too long of a bolt in there now by about 1/4".

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
I will get on that later today. Woke up this AM with a bad ass head ache, so I am not out there working yet!

PZ

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
For goofy:

Edit: LEFT IS THE NEW SBC BOLTS!!! STOCK IS RIGHT BOLT!!! They have the grade 8 marking on them also, so be SURE to use grade 8 bolts not grade 5!!!!

And I Figured I would take a pic of how tight the up pipe fits to the bell housing (w/o the tranny in)

PZ

Last edited:

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
Got a tad more done today.

Relocated the GPR and controller. (NOTE: I had to flip the bolts holding it to the battery tray brace.)

its is now SOOOOO much easier to get to stuff behind the intake. I found all sorts of old nuts and bolts back there, and an insane amount of dirt and grime!

That was taken after I had gotten as much dirt as I could out with my hands, than scrapped the hard chunks up with a screw driver. Much better after the shop vac was done with it.

Than I took an ice pick and poked some holes in, in the hole...

Than the new grommet from typ4 went in! Along with the pedestal!

However that was the end of the success. I think my valley pan is messed up because the pedestal WILL NOT go down any more, and the holes are about 3/8th of an inch from lining up!!!!

I tried beating the valley pan down with the wooden handle of my hammer, no go. I used a 1 inch aluminum tube that have have laying around... no go. I hit the top of the pedestal with a hammer, NOTHING!
Anyone else have this issue?? WHAT DO I DO???

PZ

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks like the grommet that goes in the valve cover for the CDR- it has an extended neck on it. I'll let TYP4 chime in, but maybe it's not the right one?

Ryan

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
Thats interesting! I did notice that the grommets for my CDR and the pedestal were identical. I just assumed that was the way it was suppose to be...

I will have to send Typ4 a PM.

PZ

Last edited:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They came from ats as the correct part so who knows, Sand the rubber down a bit if need be.

Sorry. Oh the valve cover grommet for the cdr has a much higher, neck. I just went and looked at mine to make sure.

Since they have such great customer service maybe they sent me one for the older turbo setup, I can check this weekend when I get home but I think it is exactly like the factory ford one I have.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I think you could use an exacto knife and trim it to fit... Kinda like what Russ is talking about.... BTW... You take some of the finest pictures I have ever seen posted here... Very good pic of the valley pan drain plug... A fellow member here lost that so he didn't install one....:eek: What an oil leak he had.... A few year ago Ford was down to around 100 of those and was not going to restock or supply them any longer... So I bought 10 of them just to have them... They were cheap and obsolete spare parts are good parts... I really don't see how a person could ruin one but if so I have spares...:sly Thanks again for the great pictures... Nothing worse than a blurry picture posted asking whats this....:dunno

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
I think you could use an exacto knife and trim it to fit... Kinda like what Russ is talking about.... BTW... You take some of the finest pictures I have ever seen posted here... Very good pic of the valley pan drain plug... A fellow member here lost that so he didn't install one....:eek: What an oil leak he had.... A few year ago Ford was down to around 100 of those and was not going to restock or supply them any longer... So I bought 10 of them just to have them... They were cheap and obsolete spare parts are good parts... I really don't see how a person could ruin one but if so I have spares...:sly Thanks again for the great pictures... Nothing worse than a blurry picture posted asking whats this....:dunno

I hate blurry pics as well. Actually I hate lack of pics more!!!

In the 4wheeling world there seems to be allot more picture intense build ups and write ups. In truth I was a little disappointed when I start searching for similar builds for diesel trucks, just not much out there. Lots of good info still just not many pics for better understanding/visualization.

PZ

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might have one of the proper grommets at home too. Ill check this weekend if you'd like. I ordered a bunch of extra stuff from ATS recently and am pretty sure there is one in my box of goodies. Only question is if it is in my garage in Henderson or my storage unit in Albuquerque...

It's good to see another Toyota wheeler dragging his junk with an old IDI!

Ryan

Ryan

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
I might have one of the proper grommets at home too. Ill check this weekend if you'd like. I ordered a bunch of extra stuff from ATS recently and am pretty sure there is one in my box of goodies. Only question is if it is in my garage in Henderson or my storage unit in Albuquerque...

It's good to see another Toyota wheeler dragging his junk with an old IDI!

Ryan

Ryan

You on the marlin boards at all?
PZ

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good man. Do you have to bend the firewall lip out of the way for the turbo plumping? If so, best to do that now before the tranny goes in.

Heath