87 ranger diesel

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
yup spider gears, two of the gears in the carriar are side gears. (the gears the axles go through i believe) and the other two are spider gears.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
i just called sanderson ford in phoenix and they have them for 94 bucks and thats with our good pricing but thanks anyway RLDSL

Did the dealer quote you a price for a complete spider gear kit that includes everything the aftermarket places do, or did they just quote you a price on a set of spider gears that just includes the 4 gears?
If not sure, might want to double check that . Ususally dealers will sell the spider gears seperately, but you want to replace the rest of those parts if the spiders went bad.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
Did the dealer quote you a price for a complete spider gear kit that includes everything the aftermarket places do, or did they just quote you a price on a set of spider gears that just includes the 4 gears?
If not sure, might want to double check that . Ususally dealers will sell the spider gears seperately, but you want to replace the rest of those parts if the spiders went bad.

good point thanks ill check that thanks

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just as an update, I was able to get it running well enough to drive it to the shop and they figured it out. So the belt was off by one tooth. When I installed the belt, it was a recent but still used so it had a slight stretch and that threw me off. The the crankshaft was off by one tooth and he found the problem within minutes.

Its never run this well and purrs nicely even when cold.

Didn't even charge me, but I do owe his mechanic a case of bud......

I feel like such an idiot.

Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they still make that motor for industrial apps...bobcats/generators..

good motor...heavy though...

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hyundai bought it from mitsubishi and has since put common rail injection on it. Rumor has it that many of the parts will still interchange with the older 4D55 and 4D56 engines.

It seemed to weight about the same as the 2.9L EFI that we took out. The wheel camber was unchanged before and after the swap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online