7.3 into a 82' cc 3500 Chevy Dually?

skintbackfarms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to put the 7.3 out of my f250 in to this truck. Anyone have any pictures of one?

Thanks

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got one dissassembled pm me with wat you want to see and youre email ill send pics
i can measure too

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen Lightning did it with a newer Chevy/GM truck that came factory equipped with the 454. I think he finished the project. Probably wouldn't be too bad if you can use your F250 for a complete donor for everything, drivetrain, engine mounts, transmission, electric, everything.

skintbackfarms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to look at the truck today and see whats the best he will do on it. I am going to use everything from the F-250. Shouldn't be a bad job. Also going to put a front axle under it to make it a 4x4 since I am going to use the zf-5 and transfer case.

skintbackfarms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here some pictures of the truck. Sorry thats it a chevy but it going to get the IH treatment.

Attachments

• 82' Dually .jpg
    82' Dually .jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 82 dually pic 2.jpg
    82 dually pic 2.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 7

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theres nothing wrong with a chevy body on a ford/ih driveline...its kind of like when I take my wife to dinner and wear a prom dress....oh wait :D

sorry, I actually looked at several of those before I bought my first IDI as i like the look of them better, but after driving several both ford and chevy trucks, the fords just felt so much more solid

Al_E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did one myself, not to hard. My pix are on Webshots. Link in my signature.