6.9 Superduty

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
EPC default setting is full open with no power.

The PCM (TCM for pre 95) uses voltage from the TPS to send amperage to the EPC solenoid. EPC solenoid is variable force.

Mikey89014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, I had a 94 TECA wired in for a while and the operation was the exact same, except the MLPS was having problems ,so I switched back to the 4R100 PCM that uses a DTR instead, which is much better..

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I almost wonder if there is a dead spot on the internal EPC actuator. Where did you get this current solenoid body?

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if it did the same thing on the older E4OD TCM setup, I guess my control strategy theory goes out the window.

What sort of problems did the MLPS have? Did you inspect the wiring harness and connector for the MLP/DTRS? (probably yes, but I'm running out of ideas)

Mikey89014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if it did the same thing on the older E4OD TCM setup, I guess my control strategy theory goes out the window.

What sort of problems did the MLPS have? Did you inspect the wiring harness and connector for the MLP/DTRS? (probably yes, but I'm running out of ideas)

It was glitchy and not sending the correct voltage for the gear selected . I made the harness for the Teca and rewired the 4r100 connection for the E4OD solenoid connector ..

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still sounds like there could be something going on in that wiring. A scan tool might still be able to show if the DTRS is registering each gear correctly.

Mikey89014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still sounds like there could be something going on in that wiring. A scan tool might still be able to show if the DTRS is registering each gear correctly.

I think now I have a sticky valve or solenoid. It starts in 2nd when cold and then jumps back to 1st when selecting gears. Sometimes also it will start in second at a red light or stop sign, sometimes not. As it gets warmer , it works as it should for the most part.

I think I overestimated the amount of clutches I used. It seems a little too harsh for me when shifting gears.

Last edited:

Mikey89014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now trying to retrofit or design a trigger wheel for the stock crank position sensor. I need a 36-1 wheel or convert the frequency from the IDI pump gear. I want to use the stock tach and might shift smoother with the crank sensor wired in. I could also cut 13 teeth or 13-1 in the alternator pulley.

Last edited:

Mikey89014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks like exactly what im looking for . idi has 106 teeth and the PCM needs 36 . of course the cam is equal to 53 on the crank but still too many. I just wonder if infinitely variable or just even amounts . it looks like i may need an odd amount of conversion. That flywheel counter looks interesting too..Thanks much David

Last edited: