6.9 Superduty

Mikey89014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a 94 TECA wired in and it shifts through 3 gears. I don't know if overdrive works yet.

I need to locate the small parts for the injection pump to install the TPS. I don't have the bracket or that small round piece that operates the TPS, and do not know where to locate one as they are discontinued..

All the gears have a solid shift as well..

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a 94 TECA wired in and it shifts through 3 gears. I don't know if overdrive works yet.

I need to locate the small parts for the injection pump to install the TPS. I don't have the bracket or that small round piece that operates the TPS, and do not know where to locate one as they are discontinued..

All the gears have a solid shift as well..
i can help you with the TPS parts

Mikey89014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to modify the original PCM in the truck to control the transmission . i changed the solenoid connector to the old style and tagged the TPS wires under the hood . i may fabricate a setup to use the 5.4 crank position sensor on the idi to measure rpm with the PCM.

So far the PCM doesnt care about the missing turbine sensor .

I have learned the TPS controls EPC mainly in reverse , so everyone on this board with a weak reverse should check it and MLPS/DTR parts first

Last edited:

Mikey89014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have basically learned that you will learn more on your own that to listen to transmission engineers on these forums, haha. You need at least an E4OD with the upward pointing selector shaft and an OSS equipped output shaft The upward shaft lets you use the 4R100 DTR . The MLPS will not work with a 4R100 PCM. Also, you need at least a TPS to control the EPC valve.

I have also learned that manual 1 will not work properly with an unplugged solenoid pack, and combine gears.

Mikey89014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i have a tie up or drag in manual 1 when i increase tps voltage . at idle voltage it doesnt bind. Anyone have an idea ? In drive when going from reverse to drive , i get something similar but only momentarily, then drives away normally.