6.9 Superduty

pastorjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes! sounds like a win. That looks so clean in there you are about to convince me to stick this low miles Jasper 7.3 I have in a SD body. If I understand correctly you have shifted the whole drivetrain forward two inches?

Mikey89014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The transmission and transfer case are roughly 1.5 more to rear and engine mounts 2 forward from original . Engine itself just matched to tranny position then adapted mounts to frame . This way no mods to driveshafts or frame as of now either. The adapter mounts are just sandwiched between frame and original mounts. The radiator mounts are fabricated from rebar and steel plate with rubber mounts on the bottom.

Last edited:

Mikey89014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I I I stripped the bolt hole for the belt tensioner . Can I use one without the absorber? It's expensive and hard to find.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You can. The absorber was kinda a add on. I mean its better, but you can use a normal one.
Why not drill it and use a helicoil or something?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Mikey89014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can. The absorber was kinda a add on. I mean its better, but you can use a normal one.
Why not drill it and use a helicoil or something?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I just did , thanks. I was hesitant because it is left hand thread , but I just tapped it for a larger RH bolt and thread locked it. It is hard to find a Lh helicoil ..

Mikey89014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just found out the E4OD case (which i'm using) has 2 missing bolt bosses for the shift linkage bracket, as opposed to the 4r100 case that the truck came with originally. I'll have to fabricate a linkage cable and bracket so I can test my first ever rebuild on an automatic transmission. So far all I can see is the the transmission is pumping fluid through the cooler lines (good sign) and there are no leaks anywhere yet...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle