2WD TO 4WD, DANA 60 UNDER MY F250

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
that thing's gotta be real easy to park in some of these new import sized parking stalls.

rmholy

'81 F350 BobTail
Reaction score
that thing's gotta be real easy to park in some of these new import sized parking stalls.

A piece of cake.... I can do a complete 180 with 4' outside the SQ2 of this truck, pretty quick
WheelBase 89"
:hail
I'm getting to where I can almost do it as quick in 2'​

And for some reason, I guess the IFS &TTB, It will do circles around
most Jeeps !
It is VERY quick to respond.

Last edited:

rmholy

'81 F350 BobTail
Reaction score
crossmember setup

I have a triangular looking plate with a few bolts that will need to attach somehow to the engine crossmember. It comes from just behind the U-Bolt shackle of the leaf on the passenger side. Do I get an adapter, from where? Forgive my ignorance .... but, whats it called?

Com'on guys .... 2 pretty easy questions.
Someones gotta know where they can measure a married C6/NP205
and
tell me how to get the rightous connection at the engine crossmember.
huh ?

Last edited:

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
A ZF 5spd would help, they are pretty short in case length.....In your case it might be more work as you don't have a diesel crossmember now....Pretty much all of my stuff bolted in place (after I drilled the millions of friggin holes...:rolleyes: ).....The track bar is there now....It just wasn't on in that pic. I haven't had the truck lined up yet but it drives fine....I hope to have it out for a test drive late next week if all goes well....I can't wait to "take a gear" with the 5spd and crawl in low range like a tractor.:Thumbs Up....I'm starting to look at a pair of 4" stacks as my next "improvement"....I have $2500 into the 2wd to 4wd D-60 swap , NP205 install and 5spd swap so far...All paid for by selling parts from junked Ford trucks.:rock:

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if only you needed the someone to measure a c6/np208 combo, cause i would.
anyways does that rig have the twin-I-beam frt end in it? or is it monobeam?

suv7734

Reaction score
I have a triangular looking plate with a few bolts that will need to attach somehow to the engine crossmember. It comes from just behind the U-Bolt shackle of the leaf on the passenger side. Do I get an adapter, from where? Forgive my ignorance .... but, whats it called?

Track or tracking bar is the name.
Here's a pic

Attachments

• track_bar.gif
    track_bar.gif
    13.8 KB · Views: 34

rmholy

'81 F350 BobTail
Reaction score

If any one wants the IFS/TTB that is under it now, get back to me in late spring, and the parts will be theirs for the shipping $.​

rmholy

'81 F350 BobTail
Reaction score
Track or tracking bar is the name.
Here's a pic

Excellent Thank you, for the drawing.​

I think, that the married NP205 out of a late '77 will be about as short as they've come .... in an automatic HD.
I've got a NP208 still in the crate it came in.... it is of no use to me .... I didn't know better, then.​

rmholy

'81 F350 BobTail
Reaction score

Twin I-Beam

I will take that measurement of the C6 bell face to end where the adaptor starts.​

rmholy

'81 F350 BobTail
Reaction score
A ZF 5spd would help, they are pretty short in case length.....In your case it might be more work as you don't have a diesel crossmember now....Pretty much all of my stuff bolted in place (after I drilled the millions of friggin holes...:rolleyes: ).....The track bar is there now....It just wasn't on in that pic. I haven't had the truck lined up yet but it drives fine....I hope to have it out for a test drive late next week if all goes well....I can't wait to "take a gear" with the 5spd and crawl in low range like a tractor.:Thumbs Up....I'm starting to look at a pair of 4" stacks as my next "improvement"....I have $2500 into the 2wd to 4wd D-60 swap , NP205 install and 5spd swap so far...All paid for by selling parts from junked Ford trucks.:rock:

I think the ZF is what Ford Performance, Now Australlian Force, put behind their F6 270 Turbo, in the Falcon BA-BE Territories & Tornados'​

rmholy

'81 F350 BobTail
Reaction score
What you've accomplished, sounds great. I want to hear how you feel about the NP205, when you get that gear, OK​

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I dropped the 205/steel off today so Jim could finish off the crossmember on Sunday...He's coming back over on Tuesday night to mount it and make the trans crossmember and shifter handle mount.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Oh hell yeah, after I had the 5spd installed I fired it up even with no driveshaft....LOL....This 2wd to 4wd conversion has been in the works for months between finding all the parts, swapping it in and etc....Almost done...I can't wait for a road-woods test. I could have made the crossmembers myself but Jim is a fabricator and installer by trade, he is much faster at it then I am so it just made sense to get him involved....And he wanted some F-series parts I have so we are going to do some wheeling and dealing. He needs a 6spd 4x4 ZF....His puked a month ago in his 96 F350 monster (major lift, 7.3PSD, 35's and etc)....I wish I could help him find one.:dunno....No luck so far locally and a reman is big money.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I think I can squeeze a married NP205 in place. It is hell sometimes, just getting a simple dimension. I've put in a yr. on the swap, and still don't have it. Oh Well, everyones intitled to an opinion. I just need a dimension, to be able to run the doubts off the road. I need the married NP205 C6 total length. Why do it ? .......................... 1st, the added weight to the front, is needed, the truck is squirrely, and needs some front weight. 2nd ........ It is my opinion, that this will help solve said issue. 3rd, ............ A heavier engine, just won't solve the 1st and foremost goal. The reason comes from Houston Texas freeway traffic at 80+ mph, Lets just say ......... I don't bother dodging Geico squirrels. This dimension is not critical. I know one thing for sure.... AnyThing Is Possible...... That is why I continued. I know how engineering works. I have a good working knowledge of the principles of mechanics, & I think it will improve the overall performance of this TRUCK.

I say if you want more weight in the front add A 6.9 or 7.3!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70