2000 stroker is dead

NHBaler

Reaction score
OK I plugged it in and the block is warm and it is smoking and spinning over with a battery charger and another truck and it trys to start like it is hitting but just want quite run on its own any suggestions?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Keep cranking for awhile. The dead head system on that year can take awhile to get air out.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

NHBaler

Reaction score
OK if it is smoking and it is trying to crank but just want go on and start does that tell you that everything is working? When I first start turning it over it want smoke and then it starts smoking and trying to,how can I check the glow plugs,the wts light is working and I have it plugged in. It is a automatic or I would pull crank it.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK if it is smoking and it is trying to crank but just want go on and start does that tell you that everything is working? When I first start turning it over it want smoke and then it starts smoking and trying to,how can I check the glow plugs,the wts light is working and I have it plugged in. It is a automatic or I would pull crank it.

That trying to start like that kinda tells me it's running out of HPOP oil. By saying that, it could be that the LPOP is loosing suction to keep the HPOP full, the pickup tube could be cracked where it connects to the LPOP. There is three ways to check that. #1 Immediatly after cranking, check the HPOP oil level, should be full, if not, do #2. #2 Overfill the crankcase by a gallon, then try to start. #3 Jackup the rear as Hi as you can, so the pan oil floods the front of the pan. Overfilling won't hurt the engine, but will tell you wether the tube is cracked or not, these engines have a history of that tube cracking.

sassyrel

Reaction score
nhbaler,,got a squirt bottle??? gots some chainsaw oil mix???? take off the hose right next to the hair dryer,, and while someones cranking it for yah....squirt this mix into the turbo....done this many times,,on diff cu in diesels....wont bang like ether,, but will run... just keep spraying it, till it will run on its own...and empty the gas mix out of the squirt bottle as soon as yer done.....the rubber seal in the spray,,will go funky.. flush it with soapy mix water...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin

Staff online

Members online