2000 stroker is dead

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I've never ran it in a personal vehicle, but maintained/drove a F550 and the owner wanted Rotella. Truck hated life and generally ran like crap.
If he hasn't bought oil yet, I would stay away from it.
(Just didn't want to scare him if he already put it in)
+1 on the Valvoline.
I've been using some tractor supply oil, truck likes it.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

NHBaler

Reaction score
OK I might try the tractor supply oil going to drain it today and let it drain until tomorrow and should I drain the HPOP oil reservoir also and then it will all be fresh oil? Oh yeah cant remember how many qts of oil it holds

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
The hpop oil is the crankcase oil. I mean you can such it out just to get every last bit, but it's not needed.
The oil I got was travelers. 5 gal bucket for about $48. They have a handy little pump you can get to stick in the bucket.
Fill the filter before putting it on. And I like the mobile 1 filter.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You said you changed the CPS.
Where or from whom did you get the new one? There has been many right out of the box that are bad.
If you have an IH dealer near you get one from them.

You want the---Blue/Purple IH #1876736C91 or Black if they have it--IH #1825899C93. The Gray ones are known to be bad right out of the box from anyone except IH #1876735C91.

To pull any codes you need an AutoEnginuity with Ford Enhanced, or a compatible one that can read Ford codes. A bad CPS will NOT throw a code. You can preform a BUZZ test without the truck running, that will check the injectors and the IDM. A Ford dealer usually gets $100 to a $150 to do a computer check.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Code P0340 is a failed CPS. P0341 is a failing sensor (old). P0344 is a failing sensor (old) getting noise from something electrical. Sometimes you wont get any code for this part.:frustrate

NHBaler

Reaction score
I got the new CPS from ABC auto parts and it is gray also took the one out of the 99 and tried it (a black one) and the same thing-nothing. I am going to change the oil and possibly go to international and get another one THANKS

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Code P0340 is a failed CPS. P0341 is a failing sensor (old). P0344 is a failing sensor (old) getting noise from something electrical. Sometimes you wont get any code for this part.:frustrate

Yeah, shoulda said NOT "necessarily" throw a code. Some guys say the windshield wipers when on intermittent interfears with the CPS on some brands. Made in China?

NHBaler

Reaction score
UPDATE I changed the oil and put Mobil in it, still no start no tach movement but a little gray smoke out of the tailpipe so there is hope yet,I thought I had read that you have to crank it awhile to get the air out of the HPOP is this true? Plugged in the block heater and I will see if it is working

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Yeah, it can take a bit of cranking.
Did you pull the oil from the hpop reservoir?
Otherwise shouldn't really have air in the system.

NHBaler

Reaction score
Yeah I sucked it out and put fresh oil in it wanted everything good I finally got it to hit a time or two so I am going to leave it plugged in and tomorrow afternoon maybe it will crank and also tapped on the IPR maybe one of those little plungers where stuck but I am getting closer,we are going to get it running thanks to you guys

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If original I would replace the IPR and pigtail....or at least check the washer on the back of it to be sure it's tight on the solenoid. No IPR no start.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online