1992 F-250 Lighting Problems...

firemedicmonkey

Erie Surf and Ski
Reaction score
So I just picked up my third IDI... Since my other two are down still...

I brought this thing home and the tail lights are not working.... I checked the bulbs they are fine. There is no power going back there. I checked the fuses under the dash they are all good. Any ideas on where to start?

Also the turn signals are not working. Neither left nor right works. However the 4-ways work... I am thinking that the multifunction lever is messed up... Any ideas of where to start on this?

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i got similar taillights go in and out and brake lights dont work at all
ive been trouble shooting on warm days
so far i found power to the switch and multi function switch but no power to bulbs when it gets warmer im checking between them

firemedicmonkey

Erie Surf and Ski
Reaction score
I checked all the fuses in both under the dash and under the hood... I also replaced the multifunction switch with a known good one... No change... Anyone know what wires are used for these circuits tails, and turns...

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
check the turn signal switch. That fixed mine

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
On his year the multi-function switch replaces the turn signal switch...basically the equivalent...but with more stuff.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
First, take a look out back. I'd almost bet there's a rats nest under the truck where PO has tried to tie in a trailer connex. If You see ANY of those suitcase connectors, You've found one of Your problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online