1990 f250 brighter headlight bulbs?

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever put better head light bulbs in? I'm tired of not being able to see the road. Was thinking LED but heard you have to do something with the harness?

Black dawg

Reaction score
Are yours aimed correctly, lenses clear? I put some parts store upgrade bulbs in mine(89), and it has very good headlights.

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are yours aimed correctly, lenses clear? I put some parts store upgrade bulbs in mine(89), and it has very good headlights.

Yeah they are aimed correctly and the lenses are clear they are starting to look a little yellow but still clear for the most part..

pafixitman

Reaction score
I have been holding off upgrading my housings until I tear it apart for paint. I use silverstar in other vehicles and am happy. My truck though is so bad my wife asked if I should get a LED light bar for the front!;Really

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before you do anything with replacement bulbs I would do a relay kit. It really improves the brightness as well as safety. Our trucks are notorious for low voltage at the lights because they run power all the way to the switch and back out to the bulbs. Also, they tend to heat up the switch with all the power that has to go thru them. I did the LMC kit because I was in a hurry. It has worked very well. The only real drawback is that I have been told you have to use their relay as it isn't a standard relay. A lot of members here have wired their own. I think there is a thread in the tech articles.

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get a relay harness, and a several way fuse block for aftermarket stuff, on Amazon for CHEAP.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put LED bulbs in and so far they work great. This is what I used,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071778DGG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I've been wondering about those led bulbs, is the pattern okay? Also noted I'm running those top shelf xenon filled bulbs you buy at the Auto stores they are much brighter than the stock replacements and brighter than their shelf product as well but I've wanted led for a while but have been thrown off on how good they can work for the low price those ones seem to cost?

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been wondering about those led bulbs, is the pattern okay? Also noted I'm running those top shelf xenon filled bulbs you buy at the Auto stores they are much brighter than the stock replacements and brighter than their shelf product as well but I've wanted led for a while but have been thrown off on how good they can work for the low price those ones seem to cost?
So far so good. Eventually I'm thinking about projector headlights, just cuz it's so stinken hard to get all 3 lights up front to wine up with no gaps in them. It sure would be nice to have some one piece bright headlights. No gaps or adjusting to worry about. Just have to adjust where they point.

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far so good. Eventually I'm thinking about projector headlights, just cuz it's so stinken hard to get all 3 lights up front to wine up with no gaps in them. It sure would be nice to have some one piece bright headlights. No gaps or adjusting to worry about. Just have to adjust where they point.

So these are good headlights?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle