1989 Econoline stripe kit

dbensen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I just got off the phone with our friendly neighbor hood Ford dealer only to confirm that the graphic stipe on my van is discontinued. Not surprised but he wouldn't even give me the part numbers so I could look it up on Partsvoice.com. Anyone have anyleads on either a better dealer or a person that makes custom graphics? All of sudden I have a bug to paint the beast. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Thanks, Doug
1989 E-250 ATS turbo

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doug, what stripe? Can't you use the roll of gray and red? :D

dbensen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to see how creative I can get. Like my dad always said, it's hard to polish a ****, but I try. I'll keep you posted. Thank,s Doug

pafixitman

Reaction score
Sliding door
Code on Certification label Part Number Color/Color
1 E5UZ-1120000-DB Blue (lt) Blue (med)
2 E8UZ-1120000-DD Scarlet (med) Cabernet
3 E7UZ-1120000-DZ Tan (desert) Sable (dark)

Hinged door
Code on Certification label Part Number Color/Color
1 E5UZ-1120000-EB Blue (lt) Blue (med)
2 E8UZ-1120000-ED Scarlet (med) Cabernet
3 E7UZ-1120000-EZ Tan (desert) Sable (dark)

dbensen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe, You are the man! Plugged the numbers into partsvoice.com and there are three in the country. Sometimes you call and there inventory is wrong but sometimes they are happy to get rid of them. When I was rebuilding my '86 truck I was able to locate the last plastic guage cover in the country with the trip odometer. At least at a dealer. They were happy to find someone who wanted it. I think I paid $14.00 for it. That was a day that I felt like I had won. It makes up for all those other days.
You have to let me know how you found them. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Talk to you soon, Doug

Last edited:

pafixitman

Reaction score
You are welcome! Let's just say after October 27th I may not be able to help...We have electronic part catalogs for virtually every auto maker at work. Me thinks the latest Ford CD will disappear about the 3rd week of October. ;Really :D :Sly

dbensen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That CD sure helps combat parts counter incompetence. Lucky I was able to take advantage of it before it got "lost in the move."
Thanks again, Doug

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pafixitman said:
You are welcome! Let's just say after October 27th I may not be able to help...We have electronic part catalogs for virtually every auto maker at work. Me thinks the latest Ford CD will disappear about the 3rd week of October. ;Really :D :Sly

Me thinks you need to make friends with one of the remaining lunatics who's gonna stay on at that so called company so We can benefit from future updated CD's!! ;Sweet LOL

dbensen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, Partsvoice turned up two hits on the stripe kits. Miller Obsolete in NY and Green Sales in Ohio. Green Sales had two of the kits so I figured I might just buy both of them if they were cheap enought just in case I ever had a little episode I needed to fix. Well, they wanted $275 for the kit. I thanked them for their time and called Obsolete who wanted $90.00 for the exact same part. It's on it' way. I will never understand the random number generator that they have at the counters. I can get several different prices for the same parts even at all the local dealers but it is never more than 10 or 20 percent between them. Joe, thanks for your help. This story had a happy ending. Later, Doug

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online