1983 FORD F350 CONVERTED INTO A KENWORTH

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cant afford it but I would probably buy it if I could. I think it's pretty neat.

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
They had those advertised in Diesel World I think it was. They are pointless in my eyes. What can you do with a 2wd truck with a tag axle in PA during a rainstorm?

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
It is not the point of affording it or not. And YES, I can afford to give him 17,000 tomorrow.

MY POINT IS. It is a COMPLETELY altered vehicle, yet still has a VIN of a 83 pickup, which it is NOT.

The DMV would have a FIELD DAY with you trying to register it in this state as well as many others.

Then come the issue of trying to insure it

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is not the point of affording it or not. And YES, I can afford to give him 17,000 tomorrow.

MY POINT IS. It is a COMPLETELY altered vehicle, yet still has a VIN of a 83 pickup, which it is NOT.

The DMV would have a FIELD DAY with you trying to register it in this state as well as many others.

Then come the issue of trying to insure it

Since you seem pretty knowledgeable what would it take turn a u-haul or OTR into a motorhome/toterhome in PA?

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its not pointless at all, its a cool assed rig and if I had the money I would buy it. You drive it just like anything else that bad ass... to be a bad ass! Alot of people I know think my kaiser deuce is pointless, ef'em. yea I spent the money to just drive it a couple times a month, just like any other joe with a cool project vehicle.

BigDiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2cents is that why would you pay to have a f350 converted with big rig cab etc, when you can buy an actual older big rig that is good to haul what ever you want for less. Besides id rather be driving a real big rig with huge power, and huge parts. Fuel mileage when loaded with a big trailer that could be hauled with a f 350 would be similar as well. Seems silly to me but that's my opinion.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
I'd perfer a pete version with a 6bt myself. just visited the lilbigrig site last week.

i think the ford chassis is the best solution for it(super duty 10-lug)... for those generation trucks. chevy frames are narrow and flex like a bendy straw. dodge could of been a good choice. i like the twin i-beam front end but i know they have issues. a newer chassis would be

Im not sure what i would pay for it but i would be into owning one.

here in california you can drive almost anything on the road as long as it has lights, plate, seat belts (age of car) and a windshield which is still somewhat iffy. cars under a set weight dont require fenders.. blah blah blah. id tow a fifth wheel with it! you have a equal chance of being pulled over just so he/she can check your ride out.

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Haha, be easy to insure and plate that here, theres one similar running around (well must be stored for winter by now), it's a 1956 Ford F600 COE on a 1987 F350 frame, but hes got the original engine in it, a turboed 6.9 with a Spicer 5 speed out of a U-Haul truck, and a 4 speed Brownie box from a early 70's IH Loadstar.

He said he didn't have trouble at all insuring it.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
here in california you can drive almost anything on the road as long as it has lights, plate, seat belts (age of car) and a windshield which is still somewhat iffy. cars under a set weight dont require fenders.. blah blah blah. id tow a fifth wheel with it! you have a equal chance of being pulled over just so he/she can check your ride out.

That is funny because I though calvin was saying that his F450s were gonna be obsolete in a year or two because CA was outlawing them:dunno

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
That is funny because I though calvin was saying that his F450s were gonna be obsolete in a year or two because CA was outlawing them:dunno

obsolete how?

that thing would registered as a kit car if not the ford truck. either way you can run it on the road. sure you cant load it like a big rig. a chp dot officer would laugh at that thing. going around with a 3 car hauler is a different story!

joe f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
obsolete how?

that thing would registered as a kit car if not the ford truck. either way you can run it on the road. sure you cant load it like a big rig. a chp dot officer would laugh at that thing. going around with a 3 car hauler is a different story!

i belive in 2012 his f450 wont pass the new diesel smog for its weight class i may be wrong thought

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online