19 psi and 1000 degree EGT

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
I have held it for a few miles(5 minutes or so)

IF it was mine i would do it:sly

I'm not worried about gaskets or anything, more worried about blowing up my turbo. Once I get the bigger compressor side put on I plan to have it set to run 20-22psi wastegated.

I may just wire it shut and try it for ***** and giggles though, you have me interested.

Now, I can get mine to hold 18psi empty pretty effortlessly, but what stretch of road are you on to do that for 5 minutes, you must be flying!!!

also, where did you put the pyro probe?

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I'm not worried about gaskets or anything, more worried about blowing up my turbo. Once I get the bigger compressor side put on I plan to have it set to run 20-22psi wastegated.

I may just wire it shut and try it for ***** and giggles though, you have me interested.

Now, I can get mine to hold 18psi empty pretty effortlessly, but what stretch of road are you on to do that for 5 minutes, you must be flying!!!

also, where did you put the pyro probe?

SR 111 its a 4 lane highway fairly straight yes i was flying, actually hit 20 psi this morning when it was so cold,
Pyro probe is in the driver side manifold

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
I think the admins should change his name to "Crazy Dave" LOL

That is impressive I have to say. I remember reading on the DPS performance website (before it had the plug pulled and they moved to facebook) where they put their hopped up IDI to those conditions. IIRC they kept it going for about 80,000 miles while pushing 19-22 PSI. It was still running when they tore it down, but it had ALOT of blowby. Upon inspection, at least half the pistons had significant wear. I mean wear to the point where it severely rounded the edges off the piston tops themselves. :eek:

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shoot 1000 egt isnt too bad....i will pull that for 5-20 min depending on the mountains....but thats only 10lb psi....

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
i also use that copper spray on every headgasket i do. never had an issue after using it.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The important thing to remember, is that when you put your finger in the tiger's cage he may not bite it the first time. But if you do it repeatedly, it's virtually guaranteed that you will loose it.

It's hard to measure sucess in an instant.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
The important thing to remember, is that when you put your finger in the tiger's cage he may not bite it the first time. But if you do it repeatedly, it's virtually guaranteed that you will loose it.

It's hard to measure sucess in an instant.

yes sensay