19 psi and 1000 degree EGT

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
This evening i wired the wastegate shut because i suspected it was still letting boot bleed off, and i was right! i can now hit 19psi on flat ground at oonly 1000 degree EGT:sly so tomarrow im gonna make a run up the mountian and see how high i can get it to boost and what kind of egts i hit now that i know the wastegate is not comming open at all,

The IP is completely maxxed out by the way

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
And this is with no head studs?

I know in you're sig it says all gaskets are copper coated, does this mean the headgaskets too?

The copper coat could be doing it, no joke, I copper coated the gaskets on my old POS engine, and it took forever to get them off.

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
Yup, copper coat, you can get it at autozone.

Spray your gasket with a few coats, wait for it to get tacky, and put your gasket on, once you get all the bolts torqued down it won't go any were.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I didnt do the head gaskets, they have some sort of coat already on them when you get them, i dont all the rest of the gaskets, and yes this is with no studs just bolts over torqured 10 ftlbs

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
I'm scared to see what would happen if I wired mine shut..... but ohhh so interested.

hehe

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need a load behind or in that thing. Then you will see what it's got.
Side note, I Copper Coat'ed my head gaskets. Before that I was blowing felpros with ARP's.
You must be registered for see images

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
Glad you finally got that pyro installed! I bet your egts will get a lil scary going up the mountain! Man this makes me want a turbo'd idi! I'll get one one of these days.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you trying to blowup your engine cookoo

:rotflmao
I'm pretty sure he is (and IIRC it won't be the first one he's sent to an early grave)...and, while he may not have had an immediate failure this time around, that doesn't mean that his engine's life hasn't been substantially shortened. I admit to being surprised how well the head bolts have been holding up this far, but that still doesn't mean they'll hold indefinitely. FWIW the one diesel I've killed (turns out 1300 degrees post-turbo EGT's is bad for an engine, whodathunkit? cookoo ) took over a year for symptoms to pop up.

I weep for that poor, tortured engine...OTOH, from what he's said, complete, running IDI engines are apparently a dime a dozen in Tennessee, so no worries about killing one :dunno

Sorry if I sound like I'm cranky...I've had a rough last few days...

Last edited: