19 psi and 1000 degree EGT

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know of several guys running the wastegated Factory Ford turbo on 4G63T Mitsubishi engines with amazing results. HP numbers in the 550-600hp range running 40+ psi of boost. I wonder why they run out of efficiency so fast on our diesel engines.

How many times do I have to explain this? The factory T3/4 Hybrid is probably plenty for a 2.0L engine at 40 psi, but, slapping it on a bigger engine doesn't mean it's going to still make that same boost, the bigger the displacement of the engine, the more air the turbo has to flow. Boost is a measure of the amount of airflow in excess of what the engine would naturally aspirated. Naturally, a bigger engine will flow more, and the turbo can only flow so much.

rageingredneck

Reaction score
hey im new to the idi world of things and i just bought a 93 ford f-350 7.3 non turbo and i have been looking for different place that i might possibly be able to get a turbo kit from and so far all i have been able to find is the one that banks offers and i was kinda looking for something a little cheaper.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
hey im new to the idi world of things and i just bought a 93 ford f-350 7.3 non turbo and i have been looking for different place that i might possibly be able to get a turbo kit from and so far all i have been able to find is the one that banks offers and i was kinda looking for something a little cheaper.

Start your own thread and ask this question you will get much more help that way;Sweet

Welcome to oilburners by the way,

As you will learn very quick appearntly i torcher IDI'sLOL

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Ha ha no but it takes the pedal to the floor to get it to even remotely start to rev...

Sounds more like to me you need to check you lift pump out, kinda sounds like you dont have enough fuel pressure, maybe change you fuel filter too, run some heavy fuel cleaner threw it also

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
What do you mean?

Yes that was the day i hit 20 psi and it done it at 1000 degrees,

Today i still hit it, but i saw 1100-1150 degrees

I'd have thought for sure you would have known about colder air being more dense , i.e. getting more molecules of oxygen sucked in with each cubic foot drawn in the intake. That alone gives you more boost, even running without a turbo it gives you a nice kick in the pants when winter comes ;Sweet

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I'd have thought for sure you would have known about colder air being more dense , i.e. getting more molecules of oxygen sucked in with each cubic foot drawn in the intake. That alone gives you more boost, even running without a turbo it gives you a nice kick in the pants when winter comes ;Sweet

Yea i knew that for some reason i had forgot why i run a ram-air intakecookoo

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726