1000hp hypermax idi

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Although it hasn’t been done, I am working on the recipe. I build a lot of the factory turbo engines, and with them setup right I have yet to see any failure at any power level, the highest being in the mid 300 hp range.

The fuel system, mainly the rotary style pump is the main roadblock to making the big power numbers. I am working on an inline pump conversion, but time and money is an issue for me right now. You can read all about it here

https://www.oilburners.net/threads/3208-in-line-pump-conversion-for-the-idi.83315/

Your not the only one. There’s another engine build in the shadows with a similar setup, from what I understand. It has been a while since I’ve been in contact with this person, but they were working on it that last I heard which was years ago....

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Search for his name, or even his website name. (Via Google) you will find it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Really like

Really like that Bronco and would like to have more information on it. Too bad the owner is so darn elusive. Iirc, someone mentioned that he frequents another forum. Anybody have a clue as to which one?

Before the past gets dredged back up and ugliness happens..... again.

Justin was a member of the forum, long before most of the now active members were here. Justin and others were younger and less level headed. Ugliness occurred and Justin, and I believe at least a couple others were permanently banned from the forum. As Jasper said, all the posts are still open to view on the forum. Anyone is welcome to read them, however, this was the past, and should remain there. Rehashing what happened, and bringing it back into the limelight will not end well. There are still "sore toes" from this incident, and I don't want to see members getting a vacation or banned because of past events.

Also, before anyone asks, once someone is banned from the forum, they are gone permanently. No one has been allowed back after a permanent ban, (temporary vacations, yes, and there were vacations before the ban in this case) and we are not going to change that now.

Justin is active on other forums, and in the https://www.facebook.com/groups/113657630643/ Facebook group, if you happen to use FB. He doesn't post much, because he is busy. He also has many videos on his YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIjB8dpA5Y3-EnzFO2qJKCw, which does include info on the Bronco.

Feel free to read as much as you like, but please let sleeping dogs lie. This is not directed specifically at you, just a PSA in general, and an answer to your question.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before the past gets dredged back up and ugliness happens..... again.

Justin was a member of the forum, long before most of the now active members were here. Justin and others were younger and less level headed. Ugliness occurred and Justin, and I believe at least a couple others were permanently banned from the forum. As Jasper said, all the posts are still open to view on the forum. Anyone is welcome to read them, however, this was the past, and should remain there. Rehashing what happened, and bringing it back into the limelight will not end well. There are still "sore toes" from this incident, and I don't want to see members getting a vacation or banned because of past events.

Also, before anyone asks, once someone is banned from the forum, they are gone permanently. No one has been allowed back after a permanent ban, (temporary vacations, yes, and there were vacations before the ban in this case) and we are not going to change that now.

Justin is active on other forums, and in the https://www.facebook.com/groups/113657630643/ Facebook group, if you happen to use FB. He doesn't post much, because he is busy. He also has many videos on his YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIjB8dpA5Y3-EnzFO2qJKCw, which does include info on the Bronco.

Feel free to read as much as you like, but please let sleeping dogs lie. This is not directed specifically at you, just a PSA in general, and an answer to your question.

Thanks for taking the time to write a informative post. I understand completely, and will abide your advice.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless I'm missing something the posts that are left have been edited somewhat. Some are deleted which changes the tone and overall impression, and I don't mean for the worse. What's left seems to be a much less aggressive version of what was said originally.

I was on FTE at the time and some issues followed there. All I know for sure is that Justin conducted himself quite professionally on FTE and since then has been nothing but a very good business to deal with.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
As I said, things have changed over the last several years. Many were not here during that time, some were, including me, as a staff member. What happened, happened. It is not up for discussion if anyone agrees with the outcome. Subject closed. Let's not hend up with another thread closed because of a question asked and answered.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
As I said, things have changed over the last several years. Many were not here during that time, some were, including me, as a staff member. What happened, happened. It is not up for discussion if anyone agrees with the outcome. Subject closed. Let's not hend up with another thread closed because of a question asked and answered.
Well I didn't say it, but what I was getting at was that it seems like Justin changed his tune a little after he was banned from here. He seems to be doing better now. I was a member 7 years ago, but wasn't very active. I don't remember what happened and am not going to even research it. I feel that it might lower my opinion of Justin. We all mature as we get older. I'm sure that it happened for a good reason.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really like

Really like that Bronco and would like to have more information on it. Too bad the owner is so darn elusive. Iirc, someone mentioned that he frequents another forum. Anybody have a clue as to which one?
So... I saw it today. At H4H. Fun setup, that's for sure, and definitely running again.
He's got the 'experimental' stuff on it - compound turbos, massive IP, and 17:1 compression. It smokes blue at idle from incomplete burning, and to fire it cold takes a *ton* of ether. Once it's running and spooled, though... big power!

genscripter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He's got the 'experimental' stuff on it - compound turbos, massive IP, and 17:1 compression. It smokes blue at idle from incomplete burning, and to fire it cold takes a *ton* of ether. Once it's running and spooled, though... big power!

This kind of makes me sad. I wasn't a member of OB until a few years ago. I didn't know Justin's antics until I read the posts. Frankly, I don't get all the fuss. A few jibber jabbers from 7 years ago and people still can't get over it? Seems petty. He's clearly moved on, and grown up. Maybe it's time for OB to get over this and extend an invitation to return.

Even if Justin was a constant nuisance, I'd still want him to be on this forum. The best mechanic I know (a friend of mine) is kind of a total *******, but I respect his attention to the craft. Information is information, regardless of the demeanor of the speaker. @Macrobb is describing his account of some of Justin's recent IDI work, but if Justin were an active member of this forum, then Justin could just describe his engines himself. Seems odd that we have to speculate on his projects via hearsay.

Ultimately the Admins can do whatever they see fit for this forum. If they feel this warrants a life-time ban, that's up to them. However, I'd support a plan that allows some form of repentance after a period of time, for special circumstances.