1000hp hypermax idi

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Only God knows....

Sadly nobody has a location for this engine. It make more than 100o hp too. It made so much that the freeze plugs would not stay in the block so they used the rubber expandable type. Story goes it was designed for truck pulls but it was unbeatable to they (the fools running the pulls) outlawed this engine. No problem.. the engine was drag raced very successfully for a while. Last it was reading about it some owner in Illnois had it in his garage not using it.. Can't confirm that either.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I had looked into this.
Forgot the guys name, I'm sure the builder is gone, but his son (the driver) is probably still here.
Matter of fact, iirc, he owned a performance engine part company.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that would sure be cool to have. It would be interesting to see how they built it.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I noticed that it has a front sump oil pan on it. This one looks like ours turned around backwards, not an International pan.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I think it would be interesting to know how it's build and what's all there on it to hold 1000hp or what it's actual hp numbers are, how it looks in the picture I could see it being quite the motor! I believe somewhere it was mentioned that some of the heavier duty commercial trucks have a front sumo pan. In the picture bottom left it says the date and 6.9 then sold so possibly it's a 6.9

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Many of the semi truck type engines have the larger oil pan and it has the front sump. Not sure how many quarts they hold. Best I can suggest is our truck oil pan is easily reversed and fits the block perfectly. but I have only been told this and have not fitted our pan backwards to prove it..anybody want to test this out and post the truth???

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I'm sure he's joking. I wouldn't think that it would be very reliable in the long term though.